1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

True that SD. Buddy of mine flew into BKK yesterday. Had an internal connecting flight to samui. Got his bags back in samui and there was a customs sticker on the bag declaring a search. He feared the worst but when he checked all his juice and vape gear was still there. Maybe super lucky or maybe they didn’t care about it. Either way he made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastoche and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, when you enter TH and connect internally, I believe you clear Customs at the final destination airport, at least for Samui, Phuket & Chiang Mai (don’t listen to those announcements during the descent :D). It’s worth spending a night in BKK to avoid that stress, at least it would be for me.

Glad his stuff made it through! :)
    :vaping: :vaping:

3. Sparcs

Sparcs Member

Thanks SD. I understand the YMMV. I think I'll play it by ear once I get on the ground.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Masselkopp

Masselkopp Member

I arrived one week ago with two Sourin Air in hand backage. Now I vape at home in a small island. Until Now without problems. But for airport and places with more people i use to smoke instead vape.

5. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Airport: Don Mueang (DMK) International Inbound
    Hand luggage: No security
    Checked luggage: No security
    Body: No security

Airport: Don Mueang (DMK) Domestic Outbound
    Hand luggage: Typical Scan
    Checked luggage: Typical Scan
    Body: Typical Scan

I made it through both legs of my journey today unscathed. From what I saw, everything seems to be status quo. Scanning doesn't appear to be any more thorough than it used to be. Coming in isn't a worry as usual, but on the domestic flight, I decided to play it safe and packed my mod (sans batteries) together with my USB power brick and all of my USB charger cables (there are a lot of them). Tank (drip tip separated) went into my toiletries pouch along with 4-5 bottles of liquid.

Managed to stop by Bill Bentley's during my transit as usual to have a vape and an iced cappucino - no issues, although I did vape a bit more cautiously when someone joined me in the outdoor area (but he was a smoker).

6. Andy Berksd

Andy Berksd Member

Quick Update.

Came in through Swappy on Friday normal, mod in pocket tank in hand lugauge broken down and juice in checkin, No problems, as per not stopped and straight through, it does irritate me to see just how many locals that work at the airport are vaping openly in the smoking area, I guess they dont have the cash to pay the fine so no need to even try to catch. Anyways swappy is still ok I feel I bring my gear in and out every couple of months.

7. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Spent an evening out in Bkk this weekend. @Sukhumvit between Asok and Nana saw some vendors openly saling some nice kits (quite a lot of them). Refrained to vape in the street.
    But vaped openly all evening at Gulliver. Very nice terrasse and quite good inexpensive mojitos by the way (I recommend it, had a great evening). The sweet person I was with told me her Thai colleague vaped at office. Forgot to charge my mod, found a charger at an arab shop in front of the bar for 250thb and charged it near my table.
    TITS (S=still).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. Jazz2017

Yes TITS lol. Just like the illegal sex toys and tasers that they sell Many fakes from those vendors tho yet they try to tell you they are real and charge the same price. Ok in a pinch tho.

Fastoche and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

Maybe the reason for the relative quietness from the vape police in Pattaya is because they are focused on another crackdown - Dartboards. You now need a license to own a dartboard. The only problem is, there is no license available to posses a dartboard. So the Thailand Darts Association (TDA) has taken to issuing their own licenses. Maybe the Thailand vapers should follow their lead. Establish a Thailand Vape Association and issue licenses for vape gear.

Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

"According to a notice from the Thailand Darts Association [TDA], the requirement for bar owners to register dart boards is linked to Thailand’s strict laws on gambling."
    :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    No gambling in this country...uh uh, no sir. :D
    :police: :peep:

yourauntbob and fillmcavity like this.
  11. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

12. Don Graham

Don Graham Over 40 years SMOKEING

Let us take a look at what I copy/paste from another post on this forum.

"Sirirat said that while there is actually no law forbidding the possession of E-cigarettes they fall into a category of goods that have not had the tax levied on them and their possession, therefore, is illegal. Offenders could face five years jail or a fine of four times the value of the goods or both jail and fine.

As you can clearly see this illegal Vapeing boils down to Taxes. So if I buy my gear from a local vendor who is responsible for paying taxes? Using an antiquated law and bending it to fit todays Vapeing gear is absurd at best.

It is clear to me that the tobacco companies are behind this.persecution of vapers.

Keep in mind it is one thing to say something is against the law it is totally another thing to have enough cop to in-force this so-called law.

The answer here seems to be KEEP IT ON THE DOWN_LOW LoL!!!

13. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

With this in mind, it would be interested to see if someone might be able to pay the tax on said items and keep the receipt on them. I would say uncle and pay a one time bribe, i mean fee, on a few items to be able to carry them in public without risk.

Kandy, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I'd gladly pay whatever "tax" was needed, too...but since vape gear is a banned item, there is no tax category for them. :(

Rowdy, SooKee, Jazz2017 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jazz2017

There’s the rub. There is no tax band for them because they are a banned item. And they are a banned item because there is no tax band.

Bantorvaper and Kandy like this.