1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Great. Thanks for the info!

jpr and Fastoche like this.
  2. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Airport: Abu Dhabi (AUH) Inbound
    Hand luggage: Scanned
    Checked luggage: No security
    Body: No security

Great success! I’m vaping outside the hotel now... nobody is around so I can’t be certain anybody cares, but judging by the last time I was here, everything should be fine. Everything will be in my checked luggage on the way out just to be safe anyway.

Fastoche likes this.
  3. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Don't put batteries in your checked luggage. All of it gets scanned and they could call you back and start asking questions.

Batteries can also start to 'run away' and self combust. Not something you want when you're on the same plane, upstairs.

Fastoche likes this.
  4. Tdgohn

Tdgohn New Member

Been seeing this today on the ECST Facebook page. Anyone got any idea what it's about?

Screenshot_20180305-204223.png Screenshot_20180305-204231.png

Reading the translated comments, it seems like it something positive. Don't nt want to get my hopes up.

Screenshot_20180305-204231.png

5. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

Saturday did a visa run via DMK to KL and back. Only had with me my ezip but went right through bot ways no problem. it was in my carry on as i did not have a checked bag.

When i got back they had a long line of people going through customs checks. looks like they were trying to get everybody to scan bags. the line got too long and they finally decided to just let people go through without scanning. So, if you are carrying and you seem them screening everyone. Might be worth while to take your time shopping at duty free until the line gets too long and they start waiving people through.
    **Updated**
    Missus says this is a letter they are sending to the ministry of commerce. They are trying to get more show larger numbers so their statement has a bigger impact on p politicians and bureaucrats. If you have a thai friend/wife etc might want them to have a look and maybe throw a like

6. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Airport: Abu Dhabi (AUH) Outbound
    Hand luggage: Scanned
    Checked luggage: No security
    Body: No security

Less vapers in Abu Dhabi than in Dubai. This time around, I didn't even spot one. Vaped cautiously, and didn't hit any snags on the way out with the usual packing (mod/tank/etc separated in checked luggage and batteries in hand luggage).

Next adventure, to DMK, and then to UTH. Largest concern is the domestic departure from DMK to UTH. Hopefully, I'll arrive in one piece and be able to report positive things to everyone here.

7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Saw this last night on FB...cautiously hopeful!

I think the Ministry of Commerce has come over to the right side...let's hope Ministry of Health follows... ;)

moonoy93 likes this.
  9. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Wait and see but looks promising.

Siam Diesel and moonoy93 like this.
  10. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

Any chance someone can post the translation? I can’t seem to locate the translate option in chrome on my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Try using Google Translate...paste the link, hit translate, and it should open in a new window (at least it does in Safari).
    :vaping: :vaping:

12. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

There ya go...

The network of electric cigarette users meets General Singha Sasiprapha, Chairman of the Commerce Commission. To express gratitude. The Commission Review the import ban on electric cigarettes. And to blame for the use of electric cigarettes to thoroughly solve the problem of smuggling and Control conditions instead of The network is ready to submit to the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Education.

Mr. Marisorn Wattanawat, representative of the Tobacco Cigarette Consumers Network (ECST) and Facebook Page What is "Electric Cigarette"? We are representing over 30,000 people who sign up for a cigarette campaign. Thank you President of Commercial Bank for listening to the comments of users. Dimmer To reduce the danger of smoking By the end of last year. We have submitted a request for Injustice in the abolition of electric cigarette. And the opportunity to provide information. The Commission of Commerce. The results of the Commerce Commerce did not tell the flat electric cigarette. Recommended to control. Thanks for the info. This is a serious signal for the user. Over 500,000 electric cigarettes and over 10 million smokers will have the opportunity to use it.The products are less harmful than Bush dimmer.

In the report refer to the From the Department of Disease Control Ministry of Public Health And the Department of Foreign Trade The Ministry of Commerce has stated that The information is enough to confirm that the cigarette. There are 21 countries with no laws. And sell electric cigarette. While the network. Calls for import of cigarettes Electricity is legal. The electric cigarette is a product. Legal in more than 160 countries. By setting control measures to I do not have access to the youth. The results of the study abroad such as the United States, New Zealand, confirmed that the electric cigarette. It is less than cigarettes. It also reduces the rate of smoking. In the country as well.

In the report, it noted that The power of the agency. Images and user groups. Not consistent in detail. Advise the government to consider 6 options to control electric cigarettes, such as selling in pharmacies. Or control conditions include Dormition go.

The network of electric cigarette users. The results of the study. The latest science of public health , the United Kingdom, the National Institute of Allied Health Sciences and Medicine, and the United States Cancer Institute. With electric cigarette With the President of Commerce. The three reports conclude that. E-cigarettes are safer than cigarettes because of the cough from cigarettes. It is less toxic than cigarette smoke because it does not burn. The smoker should be Support to switch to electric cigarettes. To reduce health risks. Or to help with smoking. And provide public measures. B. Youth and non-smokers. To start using cigarettes. The products related to medicine.All categories for Thailand Electric cigarette is a The law prohibits the import and distribution. But there are users who have to smuggle. The illegal sale of nearly 500,000 people, the underground value of more than 6,000 million, and also can not protect. The youth can actually buy. Sell without supervision and control.

"We hope the government will listen to the recommendations of the Commerce Ministry that will review the measures taken by the government. Electronic cigarettes keep up with technology. And the innovation that progressed in the report of the Commerce Ministry said that the information about the electric cigarette. We are in conflict with each other. So we want to call on the government. To set up a neutral agency. It is the host of the study. About the electric cigarette Both domestic and international. Careful and systematic. To get information from the video. To set the control. Suitable for our home. We will bring this report to you. New scientific findings on electric cigarettes To submit to the Prime Minister Ministry of Public Health Ministry of Commerce and other agencies. associated To review the ban on imports and imports.To use the electric cigarette continues, "Mr. Maris concluded.

13. Sparcs

Sparcs Member

Thanks for posting the link and translation. This is very encouraging.
    I'm coming over in April for two weeks, mostly as a pre-retirement trial. Aside from bank account opening and visa planning the two big issues to check, vaping and health insurance.

For insurance, see what I can get long term and can I live with the exclusions. Exclusions for issues directly related to 45 years of smoking.
    For vaping I wanted to see if I could go 2 weeks or longer without vaping, just a patch. I was't going to bring my gear nor plan on vaping in my room. Not for me, wasn't going to take the chance.
    Now I'm very encouraged, up until I read this post I had the thought that maybe I should cancel, not now. Even if nothing has changed for April, I can come over knowing there is some hope for the long term.

Siam Diesel and moonoy93 like this.
  14. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the translation...from what I could understand sounds like a step forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moonoy93, Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Coming through Swampy with gear isn’t that difficult...lots of advice on here about that. The alternative is to buy what you need after you arrive. I travel to/fro from here for business & I always have my gear with me...not going back to ciggies. YMMV :)
    :vaping: :vaping: