1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Member

The situation is getting all kinds of insane. Thankfully I haven't been stopped/caught yet, but I'm going to stop vaping in my wife's car.

I recently published a YouTube video on the whole vaping in Thailand issue. Have I missed anything, or is there anything that I should add?

Definitely stay safe out there guys...

2. Vapoman

Vapoman Member

After reading the following posts, yes, extremely lucky. I couldn't believe it actually, imagine my face when I realised it was in my pocket!

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Damn. While I guess it's important not to give into paranoia this situation seems to be getting worse as opposed to better. Almost got to the stage where I wouldn't even be happy using at the condo pool for fear of some 'concerned citizen' shipping you in to the BIB for a cut of the 'fine'.

I'm sure that is way too paranoid but you can never bloody tell here!!

4. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi all well thats it for me after watching that video im leaving all my gear here in aus , my friend has told me a guy at her work vapes so ill get something over there hopefully just wont use it outside the room man these laws suck but i aint taking the risk ,you know its strange i checked the embassy website and couldnt find anything warning e cig users about this the british embassy does oh well such is life .

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It is a bit paranoid...but you're not alone. The same thought has crossed my mind, too...and more than once, I'm not ashamed to say. ;)
    Since you don't want to take the risk (although about all they're going to do at the airports is confiscate your mod & send you on your way to spend money IF they find it), I'd suggest bringing your atties, coils & juice packed in your checked luggage. Pick up a mod & batteries here and you'll be good to go...just be careful vaping in public is all. :)

6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I think it's not paranoia, just comment sense.
    I went to "verlang party" ( perfect to improve my english, drink some beers and look my friends) every week or 2 weeks in a Thai /English restaurant. I vape other smoke it doesn't matter, if no thai customers stay, police, government people, teachers eat also there

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi siam sounds good i will only vape in the room as my friends uncle and aunt are both bib it was funny as i was talking on facebook and she was at there house and the first question he asked was electric ciggarete as im tooting away talking to him 5555

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

jpr, Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  9. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Seems like they make up their laws specifically to allow the BiB to cream off money from people!

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

upload_2017-10-10_16-30-50.png
    :surprised:
    The irony in that statement is staggering considering the TTM pumps out millions of cigarettes a year. But...are they considering closing the manufacturing facility...of course not :D
    They get what they deserve...YMMV ;)
    :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

farangmick, jpr and Konvict like this.
  11. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

19429684_1573919955972477_4962186364657029220_n.jpg
    (look like not a fake but I don't know where this picture was taken) hope to look this (after modification) on the beaches.

Konvict, Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I’ve seen that picture before...I believe it comes from the UK. ;)

Konvict and jpr like this.
  13. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Another lousy excuse to get tourist money IMHO.

14. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

also good wishes.
    thai authorities were wishing long ago to have a
    non smoking country;
    people in the country side continue to smoke the 10 bath tobacco bag and are much tolerant than big cities citizen about smoking
    a non drinking country: can't drink beer in the restaurant for election day some Buddha day etc..., can't buy alcohol in the big shops between x and y: in the facts , there a big problem of drink and drive, if you know the right place you can buy alcohol any time, farmers still drink lao khao cheaper than beer.
    Monopoly taxes on alcohol and tobacco are easy money, that change the deal, everywhere in the world

Thai proverb
    • คน ฉลาด รู้ ถ้า ต้อง พูด หรือ ไม่
    clever people knows if they have to speak or not
    I mus be stupid?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  15. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Don't worry you may not be what you are scared to be. But I know a guy who speaks a lot, especially on TV every week, who didn't understand that proverb.
    ถ้า คน ฉลาด รู้ ถ้า ต้อง พูด หรือ ไม่ คน ไม่ฉลาด ไม่ รู้ ถ้า ต้อง ปิดปาก.
    If clever people know when they should not speak then people who are not clever don't know when to shut their mouth.
    I think everyone guessed who I'm talking about.
    To be honest, as long as this dream team will lead I don't think it will lead IT anywhere good and IT will definitely not gonna move forward เดินหน้า (walk forward). Everything is getting worse and worse. Still running straight back to the past. I still love the people and their way of life though.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017