1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. hasan
    Cool

hasan New Member

thank you guys a lot for the information ,it sure will help me a lot ,, am thinking of just vaping at my hotel room ,of course am going to book a "smoking allowed room" at the hotel ,,since my way of vaping is a RDA at 100 or higher watt with a triple 18650 mod ,on that note should i ditch my big mods and stick with a single 18650 small mod just to avoid any issue at the airport or customs ?

@Longtail1 keep us updated when you get to pattaya ,am interested to know if even it's a little saver to vape there .

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

You'll be switching batteries frequently if you do. As long as your mods are in your checked luggage (plastic wrap it if it's offered at the departing airport), you should be ok. Your loose 18650 batteries must be in your carry-on luggage...I travel with an 18650 flashlight to explain my 'spare' batteries. :)

Good luck & safe travel.

hasan, Konvict and peter-k like this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Yep I can do that. First trip outside Isaan in 3 months so going out a fair bit. I'm only there for 4 days or so but I will let you know about the pubs and clubs and if the ones I am in still allow smoking and let me vape. Like you I really like my clouds but with the way things are atm I will be using a 30g single coil 1.7 ohm at about 15w on this trip. I live in rural NE Thailand where things tend to be more flexible, at least for now they are. You might consider adjusting your vaping while you are here to just keep the cravings away.

You have already had more up to date info than I gave you from Pattaya living vapers. Take their advice over any I can give you as I haven't lived in Pattaya for 18 months and never lived in Bangkok.

Konvict, hasan and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Just a heads up but you might want to watch out for the smoke detector/alarm in your hotel room if you are going to be blowing massive clouds indoor. :very good:

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

I still vape here just look around first make sure no boys in brown in view then i take a draw lol

6. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I'm concerned about anyone I don't know seeing me vape. As Stef pointed out in his video he posted on this thread, the possibility exists that since the police can get a large fine from you they could enlist the help of others. Someone sees you vape, calls his BiB friend and gets paid a percent of what they get from you.

Maybe I worry to much but I'll err on the side of caution. I only vape at home, in the company of friends, or where no one can see me.

If a company could come up with a good cig-a-like that looks like your smoking a regular cigarette to the casual observer then I'd feel more comfortable using it in public.

Richard and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

We need a zero cloud full flavour vape. Low wattage, last the entire vaping day but not too big, tank exchangeable with a torch head.

Donkey and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think hardly anybody notices when I stealth vape.

In the beginning I was like you, but that soon went away when I realized how stupid I feel when I cannot vape but everybody can smoke!

Nakhonsisean and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I'm careful...but not paranoid when out in public. Vaping on an Aio is pretty close to Peter's description above.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Nakhonsisean and Konvict like this.
  10. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

it does sound extreme, but its been known to happen with other banned items.

11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

So as requested here is what I found while here in Pattaya.

Not been here for 3 months now and I have first noticed an increase in visible police presence. Not actually doing anything but a lot more static posts dotted around including walking street.

As i mentioned in a previous post I am not qualified to comment on day to day vaping here as I now live in Isaan, but I decided that I just had to take one for the team and check out the bars and clubs about vaping. So to do that I had to hit the town...hard and let me tell you it was not a pleasant task. Pretty bar girls, half naked and naked women in the clubs, and most so attracted to me that they nearly all wanted to come back to my hotel. And I always thought I was a fat unglued bugger. How wrong could I have been?

Ok time to stop the crap. Lol

Yes I did hit many bars and clubs in LK Metro, Soi 7 and Walking Strret.

I managed to get a word with either managers or mama slangs in almost all of them as well a a beer which I drank generally while being fondled in a rather enjoyable way. Where I couldn't get a person higher up the chain I spoke to whoever I could.

MOST bars and ALL go go bars are aware of vaping. And if aware of it they were also aware of the police interest in it and that theoretically the increased interest as well lately. None had any problem with me vaping inside and none were aware of any vaper getting in trouble in Pattaya whilst in a bar or go go bar.

This is going to be subject to a bit of doubt as there are so few people drinking here this trip that they maybe didn't want to lose a customer so read what you will in to it.

If vaping openly in a bar or club I would advise taking a spare drip tip as you may become instantly popular with ladies wanting to try it out. It is unfortunately very hard to look alluring to a man whilst coughing your guts up on your first ever vape. Funny as all hell though and a good way to stop further interest. Lol

Oh yeah I also have vaped openly on high cloud set ups during the day everywhere I went and no problem, the bib were all sitting at static points I think waiting for crime to come to them. At one point though I was vaping in front of two high rank officials in for a complimentary breakfast at my hotel without even a glance.

So basically it is up to you. I decided to push the comfort boundaries while I was here and had no problems vaping. But that doesn't mean anyone else will be lucky.

AI-NAAM, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Have a great time there Longtail and remember to do as much research in those bars as possible.

We really need to get to the bottom of this!

:here's your beer:

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  13. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

I been seeing a really high number of tourist vaping openly in the bars over the past year its really grown. If they were all that serious about busting vapers (for profit) they'd already bled that kitty dry. I think only customs has a hair up the ass for it and the Police either dont know or care to much. Still just be careful out there if you see a Cop DON'T DRAW off your MOD just duck and hide till he's out of eye shot LOL

sezze and AI-NAAM like this.
  14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Just an add on to my last post. Just went for a walk with my gf down walking street, our hotel fronts on to it. As it was earlier, and I am sober, there are fewer people and I took a look at the stalls. One guy, ONLY 3 meters from a police static post, was openly displaying ecigs and juice. The main one was an Eleaf Istick with a RTA of some kind at 2400thb. Pricey but not really hidden too well either. Lol

Konvict, debatedude and AI-NAAM like this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Konvict likes this.