1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

possibility of a new subforum for real vs clones

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Site Feedback and Help' started by Submaniac, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Well I've been meaning to make some posts comparing authentic versions of mods and tanks I have vs the clones. (Primarily pictures showing the difference). The purpose behind it would be to help people from being scammed by buying a clone sold off as an authentic. Also would help people figure out what they are missing or gaining in comparison with buying the original or a clone.

I was going to post it on ECF or FT forums but my thoughts are if people google real vs. fake XXXX I would rather have traffic come to TV. I just didn't know where I should make such postings, and was wondering if it might be a good idea to have a subforum. Thoughts?

Tibo likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Tibo and Rick O-Shea like this.
  3. Wighlander
    Question

Wighlander Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's a great idea. Personally I'm sick of the term "clone". It's a bullshit weasel word. Counterfeit, copy or fake are more accurate and factual descriptions to me.

That said, I've already bought 4 counterfeit Kayfuns. :pirate:

The first one was bought for me in a store in Amsterdam by a friend who had absolutely no knowledge of vaping and even when I spoke to the dealer over the phone before purchasing, I was under the impression I was buying an authentic product. 50 Euros for a Kayfun 3.1 which I now know is almost 3 times the price of counterfeits available online.

Later when I contacted him and asked directly, he admitted "Yes, it's a clone. I did tell your friend that when it was purchased. You couldn't expect to buy a real one for that price". I and my friend had no expectations what-so-ever because we were newbie vapors. Had the dealer used the term "counterfeit" or "fake" I wouldn't have bought it. My friend had no recollection of being told it was a clone and wouldn't have understood what that meant anyway.

Anyway, here it is:

I've since bought three Kayfun V4 counterfeits, one for $17 and the other two for just $15.
    As a newbie vapor I'm utterly astounded by SvoёMesto's amazing engineering and shocked at the brazenness of counterfeiters who copy details right down to "Made in Germany", "100% Genuine Product" on the box and etching logos into the actual products.

Kayfun5A1034.jpg

kurt and Tibo like this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I really have nothing against clone, I actually have a fair amount of them and I wouldn't have experienced so many different style of vape if I had to buy them original.

I however despite them for copying the logo, the trademarks and all these useless marks as @Wighlander mentioned as well.

5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I think a thread is enough.
    When it comes to regulated mods I will choose an authentic every time now. When it comes to Atomizers, unless it's a $30 Chinese authentic I will go with a clone.

Everything I use regularly at the moment is authentic, who'd of thought? lol!

6. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I'm actually having a serious rethink on purchasing Kayfun clones. I've been lucky with my 3 x V4 but only around 50% of my KF3.1 are an acceptable vape.

I've been after a good KL+ for a long time and was probably going to get this one eventually: $26.58 Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5ml) - 1:1 clone / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping but taking into consideration my 50% success rate an original at double the price may well make perfect sense : SVOËMESTO KAYFUN LITE [PLUS] 2014 USD 55 for a genuine is hard to resist.

7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Crazy how they can knock $120 off an atomizer after it's been around a while...

Tibo and judas like this.
  8. Wighlander
    Question

Wighlander Well-Known Member

How much is your time worth?
    Isn't it a given that most fake atomizers need to be stripped down and thoroughly cleaned before use?