1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Playing with and adjusting "The death mod", a mechanical mod.

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Dieter., Aug 7, 2014.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Last week I bought the Death mod in the Thai E Vape Classified. The first time it was for sale i was not quick enough and this time i was lucky. Why i bought it ? Simply because i really like it, and it was affordable.

Death1.JPG

The first thing after trying it out for a few days was to give the mod a good overhaul with Brasso. I took the switch apart and cleaning the brass part of the switch as well. I always had a weakness for shiny brass and dark wood mahoni, so I gave the wooden part a little food oil, which made the wood a tiny bit darker. I am really happy for the result.

SNC00038.jpg

The bottom cap has, as I would call it a double screw. Its tiny screw that goes into a bigger screw that actually is the center connection pin. By loosen the bigger screw first, and then screw a tank onto the 510 connection, you can adjust the center pin, so you don't have a gap between tank and 510 connection. The tiny screw underneath the bigger one is then used to adjust the battery, so it does not rattle in the mod. I used a Sony VCt 5 and even with the center pin adjusted, i had to screw the tiny screw so much out, that it nearly fell down and is was very, very loose. My trick is to use the tip portion of a toothpick and place it carefully in the screwhole using a tweezer and then carefully screw the tiny screw back in. The screw is a lot more tight now and more easy to adjust.

SNC00041.jpg
    SNC00065.jpg

I also placed a toothpick tip portion into the hole of the switch before unscrewing the screw for the switch, making it a lot easier to adjust. Since the switch has no stopping ring or other stopping method, i had to carefully adjust it, so that it did not fired, when you place it on the table, and that it would fire when the bottom was pressed. When i use the mod outside or carry it with me, the most secure way to transport it, would be to remove the tank. But all in all I am very happy with the mod. it looks great IMHO, and now it works really fine. By the way I use a wooden driptip from Big By-Pass for this mood, anything else I feel would be wrong.

SNC00060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

With the cleaned brass and darker Mahoni wood this mod looks awesome. I would never have bought it on first picture, but the last picture it really looks great!

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Thanks mate, great as always with the info and pictures...

4. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Looks really great now. I'm happy it found a deserving new owner. :pleasure:

5. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

It's a beauty Dieter and I enjoyed reading about the detailed fixes you made. I'll bet Jon would like it back now. lol

Nah . . . I see he's happy the death mod's in good hands. :very good:

6. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Yes, I am. It's like a new mod with the work Dieter has done, a real beauty as you so correcly states.

7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Thank you for the roses Konvict and Vapermorph. :thank you thank you

I am also happy I finally got this mod. I had looked for a wooden mod for quiet a while, and last time on FB I had no luck and then I came to late. I am really happy i now have the wooden mod in my collection. :grin:

The top cap with what i call a double screw one inside another is used by several tube mechanical mods I also have it in a chi You clone. I did it detailed so also a newbie should be able to handle it. And off course I'm just happy for the mod, so I felt I had to share. :grin: