1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Pioneer4u IPV D2

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, May 23, 2015.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I just saw that big has it for sale now, so I checked with the German reviewer and I'm happy I did. for me this mod is no issue. I like it when I can trust the settings, and since i also like to vape and have tanks that work fine with 10 to 15 watts, This is not my thing. The funny thing is that the chip according to the reviewer has a step down capacibility build it, but it is not programmed to work in Wattage mode. Second the temperature control does nort work as good as in other mods, so sometimes it will give you a dryhit when the coil is getting to dry. But anyway i post the measurement for those interested :
    Screenshot from 2015-10-05 22:28:31.png
    If you wonder why the second table only goes until 40 Watt, because here it reach the highest voltage it can deliever so the wattage can not come higher than the 40,81 watt. No need to measure further.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

It would be so helpful if we could always get the true specs of box mods from the manufactures, and given in 3 areas, the area where buy all wattages can be achieved, and then the upper and lower areas where some kind of reduced functionality is implemented due to the limitations of the device or software. Most chipsets around at 50watts can if not software limited deliver 200watts, not that you can call them 200watt devices as they require an optimal build to achieve this.

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I never heard reports of this mod causing dry hitting and it certainly hasn't for me (nor has any other TC mod in TC mode). I would chalk it up to user error, bad atty setup or a bad copy of the mod cuz that doesn't sound right. It holds a good quality Yihi chip.

And of course, with no step down, some of the measurements would be entirely expected to look bad in the ranges where step down would be required. :) It's misleading without explanation.

Unless you intend to vape it in power mode at levels below battery voltage, it's a great little mod.

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Been my only device I've used for over a month, 1.4 ohm coil at 16 W and it's been just grand

Sent from my IPV 4 Mod

5. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

For fun and experimenting, I used the D2 to vape my kayfun lite filled with VM's Blu Donut until it was completely bone dry before switching to Grant's ..... I think that is one of the coolest features of TC.... no more 50/50 flavors switching up juices. Never a burnt hit.

Until I got the Ti wire I have been using it at 12-15 watts with a 1.2ohm kanthal coil since I got it. I really love this device.

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Well in the test even I noticed the black cotton as a result of the tc mode getting a little to high the setting where 240 degree celcius and the mod easily reached up to 253 degree Celsius. It was clearly shown on the oscilloscope that the regulation worked different from other TC mods. But when no other has had any problems, I believe you. I do not have this mod, so I cant tell.

Yes and that is exactly what I intend to do. Besides that I am one of these rebellious people, who get pissed, when a company sells a mod claiming that it can work from 1 to 75 watts and it turns out that they "forgot" to turn the step down on in Wattage mode. When a company do not give the right information on the mods they are selling, I just don't trust a company like that, so I find it quiet ok, that reviewers point that out for the companies to see. The only way we as consumers get better products or honest information is when we blaim the companies who don't give us honest information. Maybe a fight against windmills, I don't know, but I can still get pissed when a company is not honest. :)

Emmess likes this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Does sound like his copy was indeed bad. When I said no reports I mean that I cannot recall a report of that problem in the large ECF thread which, like several other threads there, I am a little embarrassed to admit I regularly read through (not very recently though). There could have been a report there but am confident there weren't multiples of folks saying the same thing and thus pretty sure it's not wide-spread.

As for the oscilloscope tests, I didn't see that and am curious if Yihi changed the way they regulate power through the controls of their chips?

Very much respect that the step-down feature is important to a lot of folks. Have the same thing with the IPV2S 75W....ta-da, also from P4U. Agree with you that it should be part of the specifications and like Mack mentioned more details as to whether or not there are limits or certain qualifications for the mod to attain its specs. Why P4U decided to disable step-down is beyond me.

8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

D3 is due for release, an extra 5w and a different battery door. WooHoo!

9. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Firstly I love my D2 - the airflow with a Derringer is just perfect and I vape at exactly 4.2 volts no higher/no lower which for me is circa 28 watts with a .6 ohm coil roughly (Clapton coils are currently doing it for me). The form factor is the best of the bunch - I never use the USB port.

Now Pioneer have sent out D3 models to reviewers and you can see some videos already up BUT -can you believe this - they sent out demo models with the existing D2 chip (SX130H) when the D3 final version will actually house the SX150H which apparently does handle step down in wattage mode amongst other improvements. That is how fcuked up this company is.

The paint job on the D3 has been improved (I have a skin on my current D2 which is kinda cool) and by all accounts the new chip has better power management - increased battery life, together with the redesigned battery door and extra 5 watts -still no SS on TC though.

Of course I ordered one immediately - I don't do TC or tanks.

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  10. -V-
    Cool

11. -V-
    Cool

12. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

these look really nice. i was going to get a d2 from big but he's sold out. might as well look for a d3 instead.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Maybe hold on until they get a good review.

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

not buying yet mate. lol lots of further research to do first and i may just keep the money and put it to my Provari Radius fund instead. lol

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  15. -V-
    Cool

A thing of pure class....

Longtail1, Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.