1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Order via mail safe enough?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Binding2003, May 15, 2017.

1. Binding2003

Binding2003 Thread Starter New Member

Hi there,

New here, and this is my first thread :)
    So I would like to buy a vaporizer and some liquid online.
    I know the laws when it comes to E-Cigarettes here and do not worry about ordering online or losing money.

What worries me more is how safe it is to order this stuff online.
    Do they check the package at EMS or is there any way for them to catch you easily this way?
    Wondering why I dont see any threads about this, correct me if I am wrong.

I mean they pretty much only have to look inside the package and you have a problem.

Would be great if anyone here knows a bit more and about the risks of getting this shipped, I am in Phuket.

Thank you in advance :)

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

I have ordered from several online sites and never had a problem, That's not to say that complications might not arise tho. to put it into percentages i would say that ordering in Thailand is 95% sure to arrive.

I have never ordered from outside Thailand so i cannot comment on that I'm afraid.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

Packages sent inside Thailand are not subject to inspection by TH Customs...only packages arriving from abroad receive such scrutiny. We have had no reports of any problems using EMS for internal shipments...I've heard that Kerry will not accept packages for local TH delivery containing vape gear/juice though.

jpr and Konvict like this.
  4. Binding2003

Thank you for the answers :) I would order from here or just somewhere online, but inside Thailand.
    Also dont wanna wait forever for a package from abroad haha, as I usually receive my online orders within 1-2 days.

5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hello. I've lost a few orders from China, but things have been getting better for me lately, and the much lower prices compared to Thai online vendors more than compensate.
    Also, if you use pre built coils, check that the Thai vendor that sells the atty sells the coils. RDA's or RTA's, no problem, but they generally don't stock coils.
    Good luck, and welcome to TV.

Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  6. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

In the past 8 months I have ordered many items from China with about a 70% overall success rate. I consider that worth the effort as the overall cost reduction is worth the loss. It appears to be totally random. Local vendors have a 100% success rate. Up to you if you want to take the gamble and order from overseas.

farangmick and jpr like this.
  7. Jazz2017

Are the savings really that good? 30% loss rate is pretty high. I have never looked into ordering from china so i really dont know. but that is interesting.

8. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I generally order items that are not available locally. If I can buy the item from one of the local sources I do. The savings can be extreme if you buy items on sale through the obvious China websites. Those sites are often referenced on the forum and some advertise here. When they hold flash sales the prices are unbeatable. Yes, 30% loss is substantial and that is only an estimate it could be a little higher. If I want an item that is not available locally I accept the potential loss.

Jazz2017 likes this.
  9. Jazz2017

Yeah, thats a fair comment. I would do the same i guess. So far I havent needed to. Fingers crossed.

10. farangmick
    Worried

I'm touching wood here, but for me, things seem to have quietened down. In the last two months I have had two orders of coils get through (GB and Sourcemore), juice from Yaeliq and two Nautilus 2's from GB. Another Pico is shown into container at Lak Si. A Wotofo Troll and a Freakshow en route from GB. (Two orders, not that confident!)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Until May '16 I had 3 confiscations from 50-100 orders (no idea how many but it was a lot). Placed another 10-15 orders between Oct '16 - Jan '17. All arrived.
    Haven't ordered anything since then (not 100% sure).

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Binding2003

I received my order within a day, from Bangkok to Phuket. Kerry Express was used, but all no problem and arrived here :)

taotoo likes this.
  13. farangmick
    Worried

Definitely more confident now. Pico arrived today described as "PCS 1, Temperature control mod". Obvious to us, but before I started vaping it could have been a spare part for an air con fan. I wouldn't know, and would care even less.

Jazz2017 and Nakhonsisean like this.
  14. Kuff

Kuff Member

Just like with most things, if posted by regular post it comes through with no problems, HOWEVER if posted by EMS, DHL, Fedex UPS, then rest assured, parcel will be opened and either confiscated or taxed or both.

Have bought a few things from China, posted regular post and all arrived with no problems

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If only that were still an option...but not any longer. :(