1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Online Dive Logbook

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Mack, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Thread Starter Well-Known Member

For any members out there that like there diving I came across this website www.divia.com Its the first time Ive looked at dive logs in years after losing my logbook years ago and I haven't been bothered to log any since. I just wish this had been around when I started diving. There's apps for android and iphone too.

Basic logbook is free. Lots of info on dive sites and centres and lots more.

If you sign up you get a months free premium membership to try.
    if you use the referral code ky1xeh4nhe you get a years free premium membership.
    5 referrals you get lifetime free membership.

2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks for the tip @Mack , I always thought these papers divebook were a pain. PADI is keeping a record online which is accessible by any PADI dive shop using their software, but some still ask for the book.

3. Mack
    Relaxed

I wasn't aware that PADI logged any dives, I know they have records of your certificates, I just realised I had 3 different accounts with PADI. This website lets you record the dives. I recently started thinking of doing some tech diving and I have over 200 dives but I stopped logging around 50 and later lost my logbook. This website also lets you upload dive computers which will be a big help in recovering a lot of my logs.

Don't forget the referral code, or you only get 1 month free premium membership and not 12 months.

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

When I dived in the PH, the dive center ask for my PADI number since I forgot my book. She said if previous dive center did their job correctly, all PADI certified dives should be recorded. However it is through their PADI software, maybe not every center bother to use it.

Anyway I'm not PADI, I'm CEDIP so their is no record except for the one I keep.

5. Mack
    Relaxed

I
    had the same issues in French Polynesia, they had problems checking PADI certificates. Ive dived a lot from private yachts so even if dive shops did there job it would only be a small number of my dives. Diviac lets other divers certify your dives and also lets buddys copy the dives, this means only one member of a group has to enter the details.