1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Not Vape Related Not vape related

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by JohnKalasin, Feb 5, 2016.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Seconded. Read it before I came out here full time. My wife and I referred to it a few times in the first year here when we had a misunderstanding and the language barrier prevented a rational discussion. Of course, this was after she'd stopped screaming "Go back England. I want divorce", followed by 2-3 days of silence whilst she considered the financial implications.

Tibo, Siam Diesel and JohnKalasin like this.
  2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

At least you have that leverage. My GF makes more than me so I just withhold the D.:devilish:

Submaniac and farangmick like this.
  4. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

There are good people and bad people John, girls don't have a monopoly on bad behaviour. Intentions are key, as you say, so best to figure out what those are as early as possible.

Plenty of young lonely ******s I've met in Thailand, being old has **** all to do with it. Only difference is that young lonely ******s don't usually know they are.

And lest we forget the hoes are usually as lonely as the tricks.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I lived in Pattaya in 1991. Fell in love with this beautiful girl.
    The relationship finished and I was devastated.

A friend of mine (Still lives in Pattaya) gave me a book and said read it. It may save your life.
    I did and my entire attitude towards woman and relationships changed.

In 2003 I gave this book to a friend and told him the same "It may save your life"
    A few months later he went back to London and committed suicide. I still don't know if he read the book or not.

The name of the book is "The predatory Female"

If you can find a copy grab it, I think? you can find it on AMAZON.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

Not leverage, Lotta, unless I wanted that kind of relationship. Just an accident of birth, and chance. I happened to be born in a country with relatively high incomes, and drifted into a job I didn't like much, but gave me a pension after 30 years. But if anyone offered my wife a 100 k a month job in our up country backwater, I wouldn't hold her back.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I hope you know I was just having a little fun. Never take anything I say too seriously.

8. npililis
    Chatty

npililis Well-Known Member

Private dancer was a great read - now looking for the Thailand fever online dl as reccomended - esp since I'm planning to get married sometime this year to a girl from kampaeng phet

9. farangmick
    Worried

Course I know Lotta. Same here. Any real issues would stay within four walls.

10. SymphonyInBlack

SymphonyInBlack Member

Ok... I'm a girl, so... what's this book about? (Sorry to ask, but I'm a bit curious) I've had family members warn me about the Thai men..

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  11. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Thailand Fever is really more about a Farang Man - Thai Woman relationship but I'm sure you could gather some bits of information from it. It goes in depth about cultural differences.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Scuba Vaper

I did wonder if girl vapers actually exist, so you've saved me a post asking that very question :p

As @Lotta says these books mentioned highlight cultural differences, plus delusions westerners (and Thais) find themselves acting out in their relationships. IMO obviously.

As for the Thai men there are ONLY two types (same as western men) the good ones and the bad ones. The same as there are good and bad women. So, it's just a matter of screening in order to find the keepers.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. SymphonyInBlack

SymphonyInBlack Member

Thanks Lotta and Scuba. I've had some interesting experiences with thai men. I went out one night for drinks with a cousin of mine shortly after arriving in Thailand. I was approached at the bar by a strange Thai guy who planted himself into my evening plans. I diet understand why he kept saying "Iss may birdday tonight" .. I doubted it and paid no mind... but I kept getting the hint that he wanted money or my watch. He had mentioned "you know, I like" while pointing at my watch.. by that time, my 'creep meter' was going off. My cousin clued me in to the perils of trusting thai men who rob you blind or expect you to pay off their gambling debts... I'm definitely up for reading anything that offers advice on how to navigate the perils of dating in thailand.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  14. Scuba Vaper

Thanks for sharing. Hustles go on all over the world, as much so in the west as Thailand ... And hustles go on at all levels, they are not confined to the street, big banks have often come unstuck in some of their legal, and not so legal hustles, at massive scales.

Sounds like the guy was a creep, and a hustle for money for nothing. The main thing is that you spotted it early, and awareness is what will save unpleasant scenarios. Beyond awareness comes understanding the hustle, when you have this you can simply avoid it.

Usually for small money I just pay it, to avoid agro, and walk away at earliest opportunity. No point in getting into a physical fight over 20/50/100 baht.

I said on another thread, I don't really like bars these days, often it's a very unhealthy environment. My gf I met on a songthaw "bus", and had a NOT creepy vibe from her from the get go, which has proven the test of time. Bars I just visit now with close friends, once in a while.

There are many lovely Thai women and men in Thailand, who do live their lives with virtue. Just weed out the undesirables at the earliest opportunity. You will probably get scammed from time to time (in romance and business), if it's not too much money, then just chalk it down to experience, and don't trust that person ever again, they had their chance and blew it.

Also I'd suggest tempering one's reactions bearing in mind that there's a lot of poverty in Thailand, some people are genuinely in need, some people work 24/7 to provide for their families and don't make much money. Small tips and a little well placed generosity can go a long way.

The books should be an interesting read, but I would encourage you not to take them as gospel, and use your own common sense to form a more accurate and less adversarial paradigm of Thailand and it's citizens. Moreover people are just people wherever you go, good and bad in every part of the world, try focus on the good and weed out the bad.