1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

No one talking about quit smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by ChrisKhonKaen, Mar 24, 2017.

1. ChrisKhonKaen

ChrisKhonKaen Thread Starter Member

Hi all, specially newbies!

I just signed up on this forum and so I am a newby here; and I am also a newby with not smoking cigarettes. I looked through the threads a bit and wondered that the section stop smoking is not very much used.

I smoked for nearly 40 years. About one year ago I buy my first set of e-cig and it was just bullshit. I used them in parallel to smoking cigarettes, but never got me away. I had some coughing problems and my wife told me off a lot. I go my home country 2 times a year and this time as sometimes my wife go with me. One day working in the garden I run out of cigarettes I bring from TH in the middle of the work. So shower, change clothes, go to village and buy cigarettes just **** me off. I say to me, stop it. Next day I go to the next e-cig shop in my country and buy a good one. Since this - 4 weeks ago - I can say, I am a vaper. The funny thing, when we packed our suitcase for going back TH I found another 10 packs of cigarettes I forgot.

And even better: coming back home in TH one night I got fed up with something in my bar (we have a big Farang bar); so I smoked one cigarette and .... worried that I will be back on cigarettes the next day. BUT .... nothing happened! I did not really enjoy the cigarette and the next day I just continued vaporing. All the smokers in our bar don't bother me anymore. I love my e-cigs!

And for all those wanting to stop smoking: I was coughing a lot in the night when I was still smoking; when I stopped smoking, already in the first night the coughing was past, no problem anymore.

Good luck for all of you having similar problems!

Jazz2017, Fastoche, sezze and 6 others like this.
  2. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. Great story and congratulations on moving away from cigarettes after so long. It is also good to hear that you feel your health is improving. Keep up the great effort!

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Usually most members who sign up have already quit smoking so they don't bother posting about trying to give up as they already have and are now finding out about vaping from the Forum.

farangmick likes this.
  4. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Very good you have succeeded quit smoking! But do not forget that as long as you are still needing nicotine substitute, you are still in... for example: after vaping for years, if any day it will happen that vaping becomes totally impossible for me in Thailand, even hidden, then...

oil likes this.
  5. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

:welcome:
    Good story and good luck with your vaping journey!

farangmick and jpr like this.
  6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Happy to hear your success story @ChrisKhonKaen. We all have a different one but if we are here today it is because it works :) Welcome in the vaping world, there is a lots of things to discover and to enjoy :) This forum being one among many !

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Good story, thank you.

8. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Welcome to the journey. Next time something p..... you of just have a vape an keep calm:vaping:

@Axel , why is it so difficult for you to Vape here now?

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

He got some of his mods and tanks confiscated at airport it seems, adding the difficulty of finding juice and vaping in public, the situation is indeed not easy. @Axel , give a try to DIY before giving up !

10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Yes i have read this as well. However compared to many other countries we here in TH are still fortunate to get some actually decent gear and juice within a couple days and vaping in public is still ok too "depending on where i omit"

However i agree 100% with you on the DYI which brings huge advantages currently.

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  11. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Yes, for now it is still OK, almost... but clearly, I don't feel pleasant to wonder continuously, to hide myself, etc... it is not what I would call a enjoyable vap

jpr likes this.
  12. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

I do understand you but myself actually i enjoy it to vape wherever i go. Stealth vaping or just freely blowing clouds were possible depending on the places and occasion. Different gear for different occasions... :)

13. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I enjoy vaping with different gear, with different juices, still at home in the country side is just ok, if living or working in a big city's can be quite different (I can understand what Axel mean, I just come back from suwanaphun, vaping is not enjoy)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2017
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

I stop smoking since I switched to vaping. No more coughing and my vocal can reach the high notes as before.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

:welcome: Great start !!

Siam Diesel likes this.