1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

nic question

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by jason swift, Mar 24, 2016.

1. jason swift
    Breezy

jason swift Thread Starter Active Member

hi all. i would like to start making my own juice . i am just not sure on what nic to get. any advice would be great.looking at making 11mg

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

Google? Order from China? Ebay?

etlava and Yong like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Check out the Hi Liq section of the forum. ;)

There are calculators online to help you arrive at the correct nic strength. Perhaps one of our DIY liquid members will oblige with a link.

Scuba Vaper, etlava and Konvict like this.
  4. jason swift
    Breezy

i am just not sure to buy pure nic or pg mix .

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Scuba Vaper, etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest this since you're just starting into the mixing game... :)

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Please stick to 100 mg/ml or lower PG or VG based nicotine. 99.9 % pure nicotine is extremely dangerous and should only be handled by someone with a lot of experience and the proper safety gear. It only takes 1 ml of 99.9 % pure nicotine absorbed though the skin to be fatal. A drop or two on the skin or inhaling the vapor from simply pouring the bottle can make you sick enough to wish you were dead.

8. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I am using this: 115ml hc unflavored e-liquid (60mg) , 60 mg in 100 % PG. I prefer PG, because it is easier to handle, keeps the nic in solution better, and it lasts longer as PG has moderate preservative properties.

10 % of this in the recipe makes for a ~ 6 mg e-liquid.

I don't know if you can order that into Thailand. May be together with a few flavours Flavour and declare Flavour. The company does show some flexibility.

Scuba Vaper, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  9. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Aw Jeebus here we go again! There should be some kind of international law that says anyone perpetuating fallacies must cite references to where they get their just plain wrong information from. Or change attitudes such that people who make ascertains about nicotine without first hand experience of any kind of the swift and inevitable demise of any poor soul who fails to heed the wise and somber voices echoing the same popularly misunderstood stern unnecessary warnings be instantly slapped with a challenge.

Please retell your first hand experience either witnessing or painfully surviving the meta physical phenomena unwittingly forced upon your consciousness by the dastardly bringer of death we all love to munch, nicotine.

Assuming you don't have any such stories to regale us with - take some time to read factual information based on testable methods and published in peer reviewed journals. As always, ecigarette-politics.com is first suggested because it is so crucial in its radness. See: Nicotine | List for all the articles that ought to smack the whackness of the nicotine myth out your proverbial mouth.

Or, you can do like Darth did and put pure 99.99% nic on your skin, directly on your lips and tongue and even get a diluted but still strong concentrated solution to magically leap from a bottle when its seal broke during the transfer of liquid from one container to another, at eye level for measuring, travel through the air and land squarely in the eye. We are talking about seeing the whole glob make direct contact with the cornia as it was so direct. And though it was fast enough to beat the reflex of the eye lid slamming shut, the whole thing seemed like slow motion...

None of these things delivered the swift sweet death as promised by so many so often before. And they wont ever because nicotine is nothing like the mass misconception of it in reality. And you know what else?

IT IS NOT EVEN PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE.

Nope. So before anyone goes and spreads the myths some more - either cram pure nicotine in no less than three openings of your body first or bone up on your reading.

ecigarette-research.org is not affiliated with ecigarette-politics.com but is an equally valuable resource. You might prefer reading it to the alternate course of action so seriously suggested in it's stead.

kevin bangkok, Neilly, etlava and 6 others like this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Yea, the truth is it's the chemicals the cig-producers add into their coffin nails which is addictive, in the first place the ammonium compounds. Nicotin on itself is about as addictive as coffein.

etlava, Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. jason swift
    Breezy

Thanks darth . I have ordered with hsmok via dhl so will keep everyone informed if it clears.i was only unsure of how much nik to use but after playing with the calculater and a talk through with another diyer my mind is at ease. And thanks everyone for pointing out the dangers .

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

etlava, Scuba Vaper and Yong like this.
  12. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Darth you know how much I respect you but I am not perpetuating fallacies. The old guidelines stated that 60 mg of nicotine was fatal to humans. That has been revised to be as high as 1000 mg. 99.99 % pure nicotine is 999 mg/ml. Which puts 1 ml at containing a lethal does. Skin absorption is the most efficient method for nicotine to enter the blood stream with 70-100 % being absorbed. Oral consumption is much less efficient with only 20 % bio-availability. I know 2 people who have suffered the effects of nicotine poisoning by handling 99.99 % pure nicotine. Neither they nor I know the amount that was absorbed but both stated a drop or two. Dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea followed quickly and it was described as 2X worse than the worst case of food poisoning they had ever experienced. I am not trying to scare anyone and I am only trying to provide safe information. You have first hand experience, which I do not. Here are some links to look at. In the end each person needs to make their own decisions. We are all adults here.

Electronic cigarettes and nicotine poisoning - Bernd Mayer
    Sleuthing Toxicologist Shows Nicotine Isn't As Deadly As We Think
    How much nicotine kills a human? Tracing back the generally accepted lethal dose to dubious self-experiments in the nineteenth century
    Nicotine lethal dose in humans: a common argument by regulatory authorities, based on poor science
    How much nicotine kills a human? Tracing back the generally accepted lethal dose to dubious self-experiments in the nineteenth century - Springer

and Wikipedia links if you choose to trust them,

Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nicotine poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Guys, there are other substances that can make us very ill in high doses, and are "safe" at "normal" levels.

Caffiene and alchohol for instance. Even eating too much chocolate at Easter has been known to make kids puke!

My conclusion was, and still is, if ever handling nicotine, then handle with care and caution, unless you are a complete fool.

etlava, Yong, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

What it boils down to is that nicotine CAN make you very sick and in high eniough doses kill you, it's an insecticide as well and classed as a poison all over the world. Take precautions to prevent absorption, gloves, glasses even a face sheild as I use. Fumes on large quantites of nicotine can also be dangerous but the top of a 30ml bottle keep s that to a minimum, put a fan on and disperse it aroung the room for the few seconds necessary to get the amount you want.

In other words…common sense.

etlava, Yong, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  15. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Dang it, my plan to trick novice DIYers into killing themselves accidentally has been thwarted by common sense. Dang common sense!

This might be a good time to acknowledge that as a character and an actual person, my emotional and intellectual development was stunted at an early age. Readers would be wise to never do as directed... Unless it is on the matter of purchasing fine, ultra premium American crafted vaping liquids for your enjoyment and pleasure. In that case, always.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.