1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Newbie Vaper!! Need help with batteries.

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by jimmyb, Mar 8, 2017.

1. jimmyb
    Aggressive

jimmyb Thread Starter New Member

Ok so I picked up a Istick Pico and the buy gave me a one AWT 18650 3.7 V 3000MAH 40A With this battery I get like 15 - 20 puffs at 20 watts then its dead

I then bought UltraFire 18650 4800 mA Model With this battery I get like 2 - 3 puffs at 20 watts then its dead

I have also bought a desk charger, so I am not USB charging them in the mod.

I have bought a VTC4 Sony 2100mAh 30A 18650 it has not arrived yet so no tests to report

Now I need some help, am I missing something here, I was expecting I would be able to slam a battery in, pull on this thing all day, well at least half a day and sway a new battery in and everything would be fine.

Are my expectations messed up? Could the mod be faulty or am I just missing something.

REALLY KEEN FOR HELP as I am doing to to help stop the ciggies.

2. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Something sounds wrong. Even cheap re-wrap batteries should be able to handle 20w for far longer than that. Would not advise buying anything but Sony, LG or Samsung batteries but AWT are not the worst! Really sounds like there is a problem with the mod. Where did you buy it? Is it genuine? I fire my Pico in the 16-20w range with a Kayfun 5 on it and only need to change the battery every two or three days (though am vaping on two or three other mods at any one time).

jpr likes this.
  3. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

In my opinion mate,

It sounds like the Mod, or maybe the charger....

For safety reasons, I'd stick to a reputable brand of battery,(Sony,Samsung,LG)
    (I was once told not to use a battery containing the word 'Fire' when vaping,)

I'd recommend using battery charger such as a Nitecore or XTar..

debatedude likes this.
  4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

A general rule for batteries is: the higher the amps, the lower the MaH (stole that one from another e-cigarette forum). As for the 40 amp claim...I don't believe it. I use LG HB6...one of the most hard-hitting batteries out there...and it maxes out at 32 amps stable. I am willing to bet your batteries are rather fake.

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

until now, batteries with name xxx fire, have very bad feedback.
    buy recommended batteries, you normally can't problems with istick pico.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. jimmyb
    Aggressive

I am thinking its the mod, I cannot connect it to my laptop to do firmware update, the serial doesnt match with their website AND when it says WEAK BATTERY it actallly says WEAK BATTRY ie typo.

Think I got a fake, which must be why its not playing.

Anyone know if this model sold at Thaivapeshop online is legit? I don't wanna get burnt a second time.

7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I just learn istick pico are cloned:

at the end of the VDO, the guy can't update the clone.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. jimmyb
    Aggressive

I would be eager to know where I can buy one that is not faked

9. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I've bought a few things from them and all has turned out to be good. Also ThaiVapeMall here on the forum has very good service and all has been very good with them.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

ThaiVapeMall has a policy that if it isn't authentic and he says it is he will give you your money back...just ask him and I am sure he will confirm this!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Siam Diesel, jpr and debatedude like this.
  11. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

The vendors even on TV seem to be packing it in compared to the situation even a year ago. So it looks like the big Chinese retailers for you, with the risk of seizure by Customs. 90% of my mods and atty's, and all my coils, wire and accessories have got through since the clampdown.
    Carry your Ultrafire battery carefully to a military unit experienced in landmine clearance, or just give it to someone you really don't like.
    Good luck, I hope you get sorted. It really is worth the effort.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. jimmyb
    Aggressive

Well given we have established aside from my bad battery choice, that I have purchased a "fake" mod, which kinda really pisses me off, a friend of mine bought a Snowwolf 90 and didnt use it and its currently on its way to me, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can start actually enjoying vaping instead of the confusion and frustration I have been experiencing.