1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

New but not born yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by GanDoonToonPet, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Thread Starter Member

Good morning,

I've been lurking a while so thought I'd better introduce myself. I'll start with my vaping history...

2011: Moved to Thailand & fellow teachers introduced me to the new (at that time) vape pen. This was a small step up from the original 'screw on filter' type, consisting of a thin battery & atomiser unit which you refilled by taking the tip off & squeezing a bit of liquid into the cotton wool. It was OK but you had to vape continuously to deliver a decent amount of nicotine. We all lasted about a month...

2014: Went back to the UK for a couple of weeks & brought back a few boxes of the 'screw on filters'. A present from my mother as she'd just had a punctured lung & couldn't use them, or smoke again; powerful motivator! I think I lasted a day & ended up throwing them out a couple of years later...

2018: Flew back to the UK during the summer to prepare the documents for my Chinese (Z) visa & found vape shops everywhere. Tried the Aspire 2 first which was good (I still use it as a backup now) but with no adjustable airflow the throat hit was very poor & the draw very airy.

Luckily I inherited a Tarot Nano from my sister who 'couldn't get away with it' & paired it with the Aspire 2 tank. This was almost perfect but, maybe because it looked silly or maybe because the tank was too small, I ordered a Nautilus X which is a great tank & produces a great flavour.

So off to China I went with my kit(s), a supply of coils & a couple of month's worth (15 x 30ml) of liquid...

OK, you're probably getting bored now so I'll finish the history lesson later.

:good morning:

2. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

3. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

6. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

Quitting smokes is never boring... I'm currently tuning my building and juices to give me a fairly decent toke from my Galaxies tank having established that whatever 28ga SS316L coil I put in there seems to be black and unusable after 24 hours - now received 30ga SS316L, this time it's fused clapton - same resistance but needs more power and seems better after the first 24 hours.

Definitely prefer the tighter MTL style - using less juice (though more trouble trying to get anything over 0,3,6mg nicotine... I have to add my nicotine to get a much rougher tasting but also much more satisfying 12mg).

Any reason you went with the Nautilus X? After testing a pod and later an Eleaf GS Drive, I was very keen to get away from the problem of throwing out old stuff and having to order new - now I can change my coils and cotton twice a day if I fancy it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    GanDoonToonPet and SooKee like this.
  7. Quakoni

Quakoni New Member

Hello, new poster here