1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

New article about vaping in Thailand "No vaping is not illegal in Thailand"

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Gasbriel, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Gasbriel

Gasbriel Thread Starter Member

Just wanted to share an interesting article about vaping in Thailand. Basically, the argument might already be well known for you guys.

The main point is, that there is no existing legislation that prohibits use or possession of e-cigarettes. The existing law only includes commercial purposes, like importing for sale, or buying or selling vaping equipment. There's a lot of misinformation going around the internet claiming personal use is against the law but seems like there's nothing actually backing it up. This doesn't mean vaping is safe in Thailand, the police might try to bully you for a bribe, especially farangs, so it's still smart to keep it pretty much under the lid.

No, Vaping Is Not Illegal in Thailand — Uncovering the Truth Behind Thailand's Confusing E-Cigarette Legislation | Thaijunkie | Spread the Travel Love ♡

santaclaus, moonoy93, Iummy and 2 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It is known to us...but it's good to see it written down in a clear, concise manner. Bottom line...unless you have a (vape) knowledgeable Thai lawyer on speed dial, it's better not to tempt fate. I leave all my gear at home unless I'm going out for several hours in which case I take a small AIO.
    :vaping: :vaping:

moonoy93 and debatedude like this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I use nicotine gum when I go out. Even though vaping is legal where I live, just the thought of lowering my mask to vape, or the possibility of the virus attaching itself to my driptip, scares the bejesus outta me.

Yeah, I guess the paranoia is kicking in just a bit

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

This is an excellent article. Does anyone know where to find the original Thai versions of the legal script that have been "unofficially" translated in the article? Thank you for sharing.