1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nautilus RBA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Scuba Vaper, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Thread Starter Open Water Scuva Instructor

I try not to knock anything a unless I've tried it. One of our esteemed members and founding fathers swears by the humble Nautilus, and has me intrigued. My only reservation, being a self-confessed cheapskate, is ...

Can coils be rebuilt, and is there a decent RBA deck ?

I ask because my exhaustive searching for "Aspire Nautilus RBA" yeilded only third party stuff, no official Aspire RBA, that I could find ...

Dieter. likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

No & no. A company called Vape 'N' Quit in the UK used to sell a rebuild kit but it wasn't on their site the last time I checked.

If you buy coils in bulk from FT (5 or more boxes), they're $7.50/box.

Edit: Here's the (old) link to the rebuild kit...site is in maintenance mode right now so not sure if it's still working: http://vapenquit.co.uk/shop/aspire-e-cigs-and-accessories/nautilus-re-buildable-coil/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Dieter., Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

Thanks SD :)

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. nbd101
    Thinking

nbd101 Well-Known Member

@Scuba:
    I fall somewhere in between MTL and lung hits. I do the "screening" thing too with tanks that allow it. I havent tried the RBA but with the stock coils I found the nautilus mini too restricitive and the vapor not being hot enough. I rebuilt quite alot of coils for the nautilus and never found something that worked for me.

You might want to check out the Rose v2-s if you havent yet. Flavor is the best I've tried and it lets you do the "screening" thing while producing warm vapor.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Sorry to disagree with SD but Nautilus coils are dead easy to rebuild--many vids giving easy to follow instructions--Ilike it because I can get a 1.2 Ohm build from the stock 1.6, or 1.8 Ohm coil heads, and the draw can be a little less tight,--I haven't done that many but the few I did were real easy rebuilds.

I have the RBA head but it doesn't look that good and reorts are not good either.

Buying for $7.50 a box makes them reasonable to throw away, I guess.
    Anyone throwing away a bunch can throw them my way, though, ha ha.

Dieter., Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, you're right @haybilly - - they can be rebuilt but I've always had trouble with the rewicking. How did you handle that when you rebuilt them? I never could get that right. :)

Dieter., Konvict and Scuba Vaper like this.
  7. haybilly
    Paranoid

All 3 I've done were single coil horizontals, and making sure that the outer sleeve stayed put, just same as several videos that are out there. Might try a vertical some time--just did one for the GS Air and it came out OK.

Dieter. and Scuba Vaper like this.
  8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank you @Siam Diesel and @haybilly your post in this thread inspired me to take an old Nautilus from the shelf and strip the bad coil, and rewick it. I took everything out, did not see video's, but it works. at the moment i'm vaping it at 14 Watt the coil turned out to be 1.3 Ohm. (second try) manage to ruin my first build, when i put it all together. This time it seems to work. It's a little bit the same as building the rebuild able coil for the Ego one Mega. Another tank i can reuse great !

Neilly, Scuba Vaper, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Well done, Dieter, it's not too tricky, I've done horizontal and next will be vertical, there are plenty of videos but it's not Rocket Science, you're right.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel, Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  10. Scuba Vaper

@all - thanks for chipping in, looks like it's possible, if a little fiddly. FT are selling the VVTF RBA for nautilus, which I watched a review for. Fiddly, again, but doable with a little skill.

And seems a nautilus has turned up in our classifieds, or can be bought new from big ... For now, I'll keep my eyes open for an unwanted nautilus, as I'm a cheapskate of the highest order of cheapness ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Join the club.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Scuba Vaper

Lol, the YouTube reviewer complained about how long it took to coil, and how difficult, no mention of it being the wrong size ... Apart from saying nautilus mini must have original aspire glass refitted, in order to use ...

My overall conclusion, I'm really liking RTAs at the moment, volicity style deck, 5 minutes to coil and wick ... Well ... What can I say ...

Serendipity often is in my favour, so fully expecting Aspire to send me a bunch of brand new naughties for free ... Might be a long wait though !

14. Scuba Vaper

Just finally received a nautilus, and can confirm I really like the tank :) flavour is great, vapour is surprisingly satisfying @ 14w, haven't put it down since I picked it up !

My only regret, not buying one earlier ...

Neilly, Konvict, Yong and 1 other person like this.
  15. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

And the company that came out last year with a non functioning RBA is going to try it again. The version 2 is coming out soon.

Security Check Required

Neilly likes this.