1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

My Subox (mini and nano) experience !

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by pierdon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I don't do this often (actually it might be the first time) but i wanted to share my advice on on the devices i freshly received: the Subox (Kbox mini + subtank mini) and the Subox Nano (Kbox nano + subtank nano). If you want a precise review on those, there is plenty to find on youtube among your favorites reviewers. But here are some insights and observations that i wanted to share.

First of all:
    I always used non sub-ohm devices such as the nautilus and the aerotank. Clearly mouth to lung inhale devices. Here with the subtank(s), the stock coils are 0.5ohm and with the airflow wide open, it's clearly a direct lung inhale thing.
    First day of lung inhale, feeling like cancer is not too far away ^^ After 24 hours, no problem at all, totally loving it. Vape is hotter, which i really like. Flavors are more pronounced which is always good and last but not least: clouds... :)
    My nautilus is sitting there ever since, and will probably remain so for a while.

Design:
    I really think it's nice. Both fit right in the hand.
    [​IMG]
    They both have the same size on the battery side. On the front side, the size is adjusted to the tank size. The results is very aesthetically pleasant imo.

Also first device with magnets to remove the battery. This makes your life so much easier, especially when i need to change the battery way more often than what i was used to.

Talking about the magnets, one dropped from the box (mini) and i just glued it back, no big deal.

I'm using only flat-top batteries (as i think most of us do) and if your flat positive top is a bit curved like this :

[​IMG]
    Then this happens:
    [​IMG]
    It's ugly and the box just doesn't fit right on your desk/table/pole dance table in Pattaya... So make sure your top is not curved :)

I'm using max airflox on both Mini and Nano.
    [​IMG]
    Hole is bigger on the Nano but there is only one there (vs 2 holes on the mini). So overall, airflow is wider on the Mini. Both are still pretty open for me but it might be not enough for some vapers.

I used only stock coils so far. Waiting some decent kanthal in the vapemail to try the RBA section on the Mini. Note that there is no RBA section for the Nano (even though i think i read on FT that some RBA section might fit the Nano).

One more point: The paint on those is very very fragile. This is the results of a 15 cm drop:

[​IMG]

I think i will opt for one of those soon (still not available for the Nano): $8.56 Protective Silicone Sleeve Case for KBOX Mini VW APV Box Mod (8 Pieces) - ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Both tanks needed to be cleaned out (A LOT) before not tasting like industrial machine oil anymore.

Here was my crappy review, hope you enjoyed it :)

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience @pierdon ! So you feel @Tibo 's warning was a valid one eh? :)

v 4 vendetta, Tibo and pierdon like this.
  3. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

He's never been so right ! Except for the strappy sandals, but i digress... ;)

v 4 vendetta, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  4. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review @pierdon . Did not know they have a subbox for the nano as well. Size of the nano subbox is smaller and uses 18650 battery as well?

v 4 vendetta and pierdon like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Firsr of all, that's a kickass review @pierdon , thanks a lot for this. This will be useful for other who might hesitate to go for it.

Second of all, , you should warn you girlfriend that your valing expenses are going to experience a serious change ! The world of subohms is even more tempting IMO, as this is where most of the new gear are. You will be tempted by almost every single box and RBA and if your selfcontrol is as good as @Scratchy, you're going to need a bigger shelf to stock your vaping gear ^^

Really glad you enjoyed your new toy and it's always a pleasure to read such an enthusiastic review, reminds me what I felt when I bought my first Hana DNA30 ^^

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Two things, the battery cover having a gap, it's usually because you put it upside down. RIP Trippers mentionned it.

As for the cloud pic, I just add you to the list of the next Cloud Chaser competition in France. Make me proud !

Siam Diesel and pierdon like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

You aint kiddin'! I should try getting all my stuff on shelves soon cuz it's fairly obscene....not as obscene as I expect @Darth Vaper 's collection to be but obscene nonetheless.

Did I mention yet in this forum that I bought the Goliath V2 from Big? Doh! My company better have a good high season I tell ya!

Siam Diesel, Neilly and Tibo like this.
  8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Big should sponsor you seriously, I saw him driving a brand new BMW convertible, yelling out loud "me love you Scratchy!" while listening to "We are the Champions"

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

The Nano kbox is thinner yes, as he mentionned in the beginning, to fit the size of the Subtank Nano. It is same length though and uses one 18650 battery.

Siam Diesel, Xilver and pierdon like this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Haha! Actually, unlike in the past where I was buying from Big left and right (Maybe enough to fund at least part of a decent-sized down payment on a BMW!), I hadn't bought anything from him in a while! So, despite the little bit of a high price for the Goliath V2 (He explained to me the wholesaler's had their prices pretty high as a start), I almost felt an obligation to get it from him. ;)

Maybe someday he'll give me directions to the restaurant he said he visited here in Phuket that had an awesome curry dish of some sort. Last time I pressed him for the location he dodged and instead recommended I go across Sukhumvit to some Japanese curry joint.

v 4 vendetta, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  11. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel when I got in to Sub-ohming last month, loving the warmer vape and clouds but one major drawback for me is that the juice simply disappears in the blink of an eye and that takes its toll on my wallet ☹

Siam Diesel, Xilver and Tibo like this.
  12. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

If you think the Subtank is drinking juice, try a Kuthulu or Goliath. With the dual coil setup it's almost like a magic trick.

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Than try the Zephyrus ^^

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Excellent review @pierdon! It reminds me why I don't like sub-ohming very much (prefer a cooler vape). ;)
    If it gets lonely, send it to me. :D
    My Kanger Mini is going through the same experience. ;)

pierdon likes this.
  15. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Question to all the vape friends.......
    Battery not included right?
    How much for good battery?
    And I guess it's a 18650 rechargeable ,but how many mah ?
    Because I just want to know if it will last for the day at least.
    I use about 2200mah a day , and 4ml juice.
    Thanks in advance to all of you