1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

My first week with the Guardian III e-pipe kit. (Personal Impressions)

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Dieter., Sep 12, 2016.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

As you might know by my posting in the hand check folder, I bought the Guardian III e-pipe kit from Big. Finally a pipe that has a good battery capacity with a 18650 battery and it really looks stylish. The fire botton is where my thumb is placed when i hold it, so it's very easy to fire. It has a 5 click turn off or turn on and when it is turned on a you click 3 times to get into the menu. Since it only has one botton, it's a bit of a hassle to get to the setting you want to change. With the plus and minus it was easy to adjust the wattage or temp, but since I'm a slow thinker, i did not manage to set the date or time before i was out of the menu again. The menu has no patience.

The TFV 4 plus tank.

It came mounted in the normal version, so my first task was to place the extention and larger glass, to get the full liquid capacity. I managed to do that, even after i came to drop the glass on the tiles, nice sounds but the glass decided to stay in one peace. Amazing. I filled the tank up with some nice new test liquid from Vapormist and started to vape. 50 and 60 Watt enormously big vapor production and still leaking from the airflow. I figured out that the whole kitchen area could be filled completely with vapor after 4 or 5 vapes, and my wife getting a hysterical nervous breakdown, so i decided this tank is definitively not for me. So i had to change to another tank.

But if you look at the original pipe and tank, you might notice, that the proportion of the pipe is not ideal. A longer tank would actually be a plus in my humble opinion.

My first choise was to use a black Crius, and that was a lot better, no leaking a good vape, but.. still not my ideal of a pipe, just to show @Siam Diesel , that the pipe actually also works with a Nautilus tank, i Tried a Nautilus, but ended up using a black Lemo, which I'm happy for.I have now used the pipe for the last days with the Lemo, and the Lemo is to stay. I like the combination. But that is only me the pipe match a variety of tanks in my humble opinion.

Pictures ? ok. ok Here some pictures.
    Guardian with the tank in the kit :
    2016-09-12 14.50.20.v01.jpg
    The pipe with a Nautilus
    2016-09-12 14.52.05.v01.jpg
    And the way i prefer it with the black Lemo :
    2016-09-12 14.49.16.v02.jpg
    Which for me works very well at 1,28 Ohm and 13 watt MTL.

Beside the normal temp settings and wattage settings you also have settings for the preheat from soft normal to hard.

The App.

As the pipe comes with Bluetooth it's easy to download an app for either I Phone or Android. Well it's easy to download the app, when you know that Smok just renamed it and now calls it "Vape Tour". That took me a while to find out. But when i finally got it downloaded and connected the pipe with my phone, I was happy to found out that the time and date got updated automatic, so I did not have to do that manually. The apps works very well and is easy to use. I am quite happy for the pipe. It's a beauty and so far it has worked very well.

farangmick, oil, judas and 3 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Nice review @Dieter.!! I'm still pondering a purchase...I counted my mods the other day and it's embarrassing. Not sure what I'd do with another one! ;)
    :very good:
    I use other attys but the Nauty is still one of my mainstays! :D

Dieter. and Konvict like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

That's what the classified ads are for!:grin:

Great review Dieter, I also really like the mod but maybe I have the same problem as Siam...:unbelievable:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    debatedude, Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Dieter.
    Fine

Yes I can imagine after more than 3 years of vaping, but this one, I just had to have, maybe let another one go one day. With all the tubes and boxmods, this was just something special :)

Ps: And my Avatar just agreed with the buy. He gave me the green light.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You make quite a persuasive case, @Dieter. ...damn it!!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict and Dieter. like this.
  6. Dieter.
    Fine

Not me, my Avatar told me so :)

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I've sent Big a message!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

judas, Konvict and Dieter. like this.
  8. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

Good review. I own one and use it every day (along with others). I use the Nautilus tank on mine and it makes for a nice change from the Crown sub ohm tank I use on my Cuboid. I also found the supplied tank leaks badly and quickly gave up on it. I did notice that some of the China online shops offer the mod pipe without the TFV4 tank at a reduced price. Of course if you like me are in Thailand you may ignore that option as you want to avoid customs. I also bought mine from Big.

judas, Konvict, Dieter. and 1 other person like this.
  9. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

i have the Guardian III as well and agree the TFV4 Micro Tank ... welll somehow not for me, really nothing special imho, i use my pipe with the Uwell Crowns and it works well, the Menue really sucsk, but it vapes great, however battery time is really short it feels

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I use the Crown tank on my Joyetech Cuboid. I can't imagine the Crown would perform well on a single battery 75 watt mod but now you may force me to try it. I am certain any large sub ohm tank like the Crown would eat the batteries on single battery mods of any type. I am guessing you are using one of their 1.2 ohm coils in the crown? The Crown tanks also have a tendency to leak through the air holes with some juice if you don't get a good vacuum seal in the tank (which is not easy to do). Given that the Guardian is horizontal all the time that may cause leak problems.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

well , i never thought about the issue with the single battery and a crown tank ... i kinda thought it doesnt apply on TC vaping, since max output is set to 40 Watts, therefore i thought it doesnt use much energy, but true i never tried it with a old style tank, maybe @Dieter can report how long the battery lasts on a Nautilus

12. Dieter.
    Fine

I only used the Nautilus briefly, to show that it is also a tank to consider for the pipe. I use the Lemo at 1,2 Ohm and 14 watt in wattage mode and the normal setting. I am not sure I could vape on it a whole day, I vape a lot, but there is no difference from my other mods and the guardian e-pipe regarding the capacity of the battery. Since i vape different mod during the day, I don't know how long the battery last, but I do not change the battery in the pipe more often than batteries on my other mods.

Siam Diesel likes this.