1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Multiple bases - Calculation help ?

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by pierdon, Jul 16, 2016.

1. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello guys,

So I would like to make some juices ranging from 70 to 80 (VG level) and from 4.5 to 6.5 (nic level).

Now here is the situation: I have 370ml of PG base at 11 mg nic. I can find as many VG or PG (without nic) as I need so that's not an issue.
    I'll need more nic base. I found the supplier but need to decide for the strength of the base I'll order (100mg? 50mg?)

I tried something like that:
    370ml (11mg) + 100ml (50mg) -> Gives me 470ml of PG base at roughly 19mg.
    Then I'll need to add VG to dilute that base and make the 19mg become 5-6mg. So I'll need to divide the 470ml strength by 3.5 by multiplying the volume by 3.5 and add about 1.2L of VG which would give me 1.7 liters of 73/27 (VG/PG) base at 5.4 nic.

I'm not sure I'm even near the right answers here...

Your help is appreciated.

Tibo likes this.
  2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

OK. Let's start from the beginning. I going to ask some questions to see what is going on an what needs to be done. One question at a time so please don't get frustrated at me. This whole process is a little confusing and seems more complicated than it should be.
    Why do you have 370 ml of PG based nic at 11 mg?

Tibo likes this.
  3. pierdon
    Relaxed

A friend gave me some base (he only had this type).

4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Instead of going through all the trouble to get a PG/VG mixed nic base at such a low level (as you always want to mix with your nicotine level at a higher than your finished mix). I think it would be easier to add 100 ml of 100 mg/ml PG nicotine to what you have. This will give you 470 ml of 29.94 (basically 30) mg/ml of PG based nicotine. Then when you are ready to mix your juice, that's when you add flavoring, PG (if needed) and VG based on the recipe. For example if your nic is 30 mg/ml and you are doing a single flavor mix at 6 mg/ml of nic with the flavor at 10% and you want 70% VG the recipe for 30 ml would look like this

Nicotine - 6 ml
    PG - 0 ml
    VG - 21 ml
    Flavor - 3 ml

If you start with a nicotine level at 5.4 mg/ml and already have the PG/VG balanced to your liking by the time you add flavoring your nicotine level will drop and your PG ratio will go up. Always start your mix with your ingredients separate or it will cause a lot of problems trying to get things where you want them.

Bantorvaper, Anbessa and pierdon like this.
  5. pierdon
    Relaxed

Thanks a lot Lotta ! :)

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

[​IMG]

Siam Diesel likes this.