1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Moving to Bangkok

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by finnad, Aug 5, 2016.

1. finnad

finnad Thread Starter New Member

Hi all,

Im moving to Bangkok next week with my family. I have been vaping for a while and have heard mixed reviews firstly about the legality of vaping in Thailand and also the availability of good juice etc.

I currently mix my own liquid, im debating whether i should mix a large batch and just pack it in my checked luggage and then try to find a juice supplier when i get their and settled in, and carry my mod in my hand luggage along with a couple of new sealed batteries i have just brought and some replacement coils (x 2 packs).

The question is will i be ok to get through customs with this...

Thanks in advance and apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I haven't come in to Thailand by plane for a while now so can't help you with the luggage bit, but basically vaping gear is illegal in Thailand to import or sell and there is doubt that it is legal to possess it either. Latest is that posessepion if vape gear is prohibited though.

There are no actual B&M shops here. You will find online vendors around and on here. Juice makers are few and far between but there are some and there are more going to DIY all the time. However getting nicotine in Thailand is nearly if not impossible and so you come back to importing it and so the circle goes round. Lol

There are some useful threads about all this on the forum but difficult for me to link you on the comp I am using atm. Others will provide the links I am sure,

Welcome to the forum.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. finnad

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah im really not sure what the best thing to do is! really dont want to have to smoke cigs

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

This will help you get started...
    Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

You should try to put everything except loose batteries (and mods with integral batteries) in your checked luggage. I travel with an 18650 flashlight to explain the extra batteries (but I've never been asked).

At the moment, I wouldn't suggest vaping in public...there's more about that in this thread...
    Proposed Thai Laws | Thailand Vapers

Bottom line...if you want to vape here, you can...it just will take a bit more work and forward planning than in western countries.

Let us know if you have more questions.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict and Longtail1 like this.
  5. finnad

Ok thanks,

I will break my mod down and pack in my checked luggage. Should i do the same with Ejuice.I know you can only carry on 100ml in Hand bagage anyway?

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Absolutely...put it in with your toiletries. ;)

Konvict and finnad like this.
  7. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

And you could label the juice as hair treatment if you are almost ball headed like me or insect treatment shampoo for your pet's if you have any. You get what i suggest i hope. Good luck.

Just send it

Konvict likes this.
  8. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

@finnad

I think the total capacity is 1000ml (1 litre) in hand luggage, with a maximum of 100ml for each bottle...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I'd refill it in well cleaned bottles of other liquids, such as fruit juice or such. The bottle(s) then in a ziplock or tape with a grafting tape. Check-in.

10. centella4u

centella4u Well-Known Member

I'm a Thai native and do international travel all the time.
    Here are some tips
    As with all airlines, mod should be carried on, along with batteries.
    Liquid, up to 100 ml. in clear sealed plastic bag, zip lock if possible. They don't count the amount inside but the comtainers themselves.
    As for laws, you CANNOT import, sell or advertise or give service any and all vape gears
    but ...
    there is no law "yet" about vaping .... so, not illegal to vape unless you vape in a no-smoking area.
    Now, be careful,
    with e juice, if you bring in quite "some" amount, the custom at the airport might confiscate all, happened to me once (over 50 bottles of "labeled" liquids. Yeah, quite a few more to say they're for personal use as 20 bottles are 100 ml. and 30+ bottles are same brand in a few flavors but they look the same.
    On to the next inquiry ...
    Don't worry too much about getting a decent juice (or liquid), we have lots of sites selling various kinds of import liquids from all over the world. Prices vary. PM me if you really can't find and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. And no, I don't sell any, just glad to help fellow vapers.
    Thai liquids had come a long way and some of them are actually not that bad.
    Last but not least, you can find places that sell vg, pg, nic, flavors, etc. if you're into DIY. Again, pm me if need help.
    'nuff said.
    Bon voyage and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. centella4u

Just found this
    Hope it will be beneficial
    [​IMG]

chris snell likes this.
  12. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Also, IF bringing in EJuice, I would recommend, removing the label from the bottle...

Some bottles have a skull & cross-bones logo, which is a no-no....

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

If your mods don't have integral (i.e., built-in) batteries, I'd still suggest that they get packed in your checked luggage. ;)

chris snell and Konvict like this.
  14. Nice

Nice New Member

Hello

15. centella4u

@finnad by now, you're probably in Bangkok already. Welcome and plz let us know how did it go.