1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Mouth-only inhales

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by smithereens, May 30, 2014.

1. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Anyone else here into mouth-only inhales?

I smoked off and on (mostly on) for about 20 years. Always inhaled of course. When I started vaping, I also inhaled into my lungs. But one night after chain-vaping 18mg eliquid in a dripper, I got a real heavy feeling in my what I guess was my lungs. It concerned me so I started reading about it online.

What I found was that you don't actually need to inhale when vaping. Mouth-only inhales will still give you your nic-intake and satisfaction. Apparently, the lungs are in-efficient when in comes to absorbing the nicotine when vaping (maybe also with smoking, I dunno) and most of the nicotine is absorbed in the mouth, nose and throat.

So for 2-3 weeks now, I've been doing mouth-only inhales. Often I'll hold it for a second or two. Sometimes I'll exhale through the nose. And I've found no difference at all in the my nicotine satisfaction. I've found I don't need to involve the lungs in the process at all. It's just not necessary. I suspect some small amount of the vapor sometimes makes it into my lungs, but I haven't taken a lung inhale in those few weeks, and I don't miss it at all.

Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else has played with this idea. I'd be interested to hear about anyone else's thoughts or experiences with this.

2. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

i have never done that but it makes sense. Nicotine can be absorbed anywhere in or on the body. i know ryan has been known to drop some e-liquid on his tongue and i have another friend who will just drop it on his hand and rub it in (like a patch). as long as you give the vapor time to make contact you will absorb some.

i like my lung hits, but i would imagine mouth hits would be more flavorful.......:very good:

- - - Updated - - -

p.s.

thats just madness

3. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Yeah, guilty as charged. Learned that lesson the hard way.

4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Not at all. I do that regularly. Love the buzz!

5. TheDodgyBrothers

TheDodgyBrothers New Member

I do the same thing, I let the cloud roll around inside my mouth before exhaling

And if you think about it, this is what cigar smokers do. They never inhale cigar smoke and they still get a nicotine hit

6. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

cant explain for what reason it is, but since i am vapin by 80% mouth only vapes, well its the juice flavors feel better in the mouth for me, so there is just less need / wish for me to completly inhale it to the lungs