1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Machine oil Subtank cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by pierdon, Sep 19, 2015.

1. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I have this Subtank Nano (thanks Kangertech).

Great device but there is a strong machine oil taste. I tried to clean it with hot water and a q-tip but the tank being so small, there are some places i cannot reach... I soaked it in hot water two times already. The bad taste fades out but does not disappear.

Any recommendations on how to get rid of that damn oil without being able to reach it with a Q-tip ?

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers :)

2. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Let it soak overnight in white alchool.

Scratchy and pierdon like this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Alcohol soak could work really well. Recommend removal of o-rings first. Just read you did hot water soak. Was that with dish washing soap or anything added to the water? Can also try boiling in water...again recommend removing o-rings for these more aggressive or time consuming methods.

I had a Velocity RDA clone that I could never completely remove the oil taste and smell from. Tried all sorts of things and nothing at all worked. Shocking. Had to throw it out. BTW, it was super cheap

pierdon likes this.
  4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Actually a soak in pure PG can help. PG is used in the US for cleaning some medical equipment, mostly items used in breathing treatments. The PG will not harm any parts and you can leave in for a few days if you like. Never had to use it for machine oil but it definitely would not hurt to try.

pierdon likes this.
  5. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, i disassembled the whole tank, including the o-rings. Let it soak in vodka for a few hours then cleaned everything with soap and hot water. I'll let the thing dry a bit and will try to hit it tonight.

Thanks for your help :)
    **Updated**
    Tastes perfect ! Oil taste is gone !

Thanks for your quick help guys, i appreciate. :)

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.