1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Looking for Hotwires or Royalwire

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by .patrick, Oct 7, 2015.

1. .patrick
    Angelic

.patrick Thread Starter Seasoned Vaper

Want to blow bigger clouds lol

Kanthal has been satisfactory so far
    However I've seen vids of people using hotwires (ie. vapecapitol) blowing massive clouds with simple looking coils.
    Their resistance seems to be lower and the ramp up time is like zero.

Have only looked at chinese vendors such as on aliexpress but no luck.
    Has anyone heard of this and/or know how to acquire some? Maybe from malaysia?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Never heard of it...if it's available in the region, it'd be in Malaysia. Those guys love their cloudz! ;)

Tibo likes this.
  3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Not sure it's what you are talking about but I have some custom made coils that look the same. I will take a pic tonight. They do perform but you need a RDA with massive postholes as the build is quite thick.

Order it online to the guy, telling him your res target, usage and vape style. He then custom made the coils. Spectacular IMO.

Siam Diesel and skeeters like this.
  4. .patrick
    Angelic

I'm afraid it's not what I'm looking for,
    as of right now I do have and regularly use RDAs with big post holes, as well as my one kanthal which I wrap 'custom coils' myself. However what I'm looking for is a different type of wire (rather than kanthal) which supposedly produces better vapor production and flavor, while ramping up faster w less cooling down time :D Seems like a better alternative I wanna try out

5. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

As far as I understand, products such as G Plat Haywire is Just SS 317L, Elite is just 316L, Royal Wire is Nichrome 80 and Hotwirez is Nichrome 60. Don't get caught up into the hype and vape something blind. These guys slap their name on stuff and then won't actually tell you what it is so you have no idea of the safety of the metals in the wire. Plus you're paying a ridiculous upcharge for their name, packaging and a pretty sticker. You can order most of this stuff on sites such as fasttech. SS is getting popular again due to TC so maybe order some of that and get your feet wet.
    Authentic UD 316 Stainless Steel Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atom

Authentic UD 316 Stainless Steel Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomi

Authentic UD 316 Stainless Steel Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers
    zersizers
    Authentic UD Ni80 + Kanthal A1 Coiled Heating Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers

Authentic UD Nichrome Heating Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Siam Diesel and .patrick like this.
  6. .patrick
    Angelic

Yea I'm aware these wires are kinda gimmicky and definitely not worth the price. I'm also aware that these brands simply slap their name onto some metals; however from what I saw, some of these wires do seem to produce noticably different results so I'm eager to try it out.
    Until rn, I couldn't find out what metals the wires were; so assuming your info is correct, might go out and look for some ss and nichrome. Thanks! :D

7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I don't know what mods you are using but the easiest and simplest way to get those massive clouds is to increase the surface area using higher ohm coils with thick gauge wire. Then whack it on to a 150+W mod and crank up the power. Ok you don't get the shorter cool down but you really get the clouds

8. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I added some links to the previous post of some different wire on Fasttech by UD . They also have plenty of other off brands as well. I don't know for sure all of that info is right.....it's just regurgitated from Reddit and other forums. At least it's a place to start.

9. .patrick
    Angelic

I'm using a Sigelei 150 with a Velocity clone; w a dual parallel 22g 4/5wrap coming out at 0.09 so I've pretty much 'maxed kanthal out'. Been thinking about getting some flattened 22 or some 20g or the other wires stated above for a change.
    Been trying to get back to unregulated mods for the straight battery power so wanted to try some new wire for a potentially slightly different vape experience.
    Sidenote; the coils I have rn pretty much drains the battery and on the sigelei i cant fire even tho the battery is damn near full (50-65% depending on the battery). So since hotwirez seems to get the same vapor production w a dual 24g 5wrap, I was wondering if it may possibly drain less battery as the coils seem wayyyy less beefy
    **Updated**
    Last thing; from the reviews and vdos Ive seen, hotwirez seem to produce better flavor than kanthal but from what Ive heard, nichrome's flavor isn't the best. Can you confirm some of these informations or is it incorrect.

10. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

You have to remember that taste is extremely subjective. Some say they can taste kanthal. Some say they can't. Some say they can taste rayon and stay with crazy priced KGD cotton. I can't taste rayon after the first half a drag yet can taste nothing but nasty wet t-shirt for the first good bit while dripping on cotton. As far as confirming any of the above, I have no way to as I haven't used any of them but it's cheap. Toss in an order for some Nichrome and some SS wire. Give it a go and find out for yourself. There are tons of opinions here on teh internetz. None of them truly matter but your own.

Siam Diesel, taotoo and .patrick like this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

But if you use a 22g 8 -10 wrap you a massively increasing the surface area and so the vapor and flavor production.

If you go to mech tube mods this will take forever to heat. But if you go to a dual series unregulated then you would get one hell of a hit imho.

But to each his own. Personally if I am going for clouds I go high ohm on high powered regulated. Best clouds I ever got.

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  12. .patrick
    Angelic

Well spoken :very good:
    **Updated**
    Remember I'm running a parallel 22g so the surface area of my coils is equal to a normal 8-10wrap. Because I'm running parallel, ramp up time on the mech is actually not bad. Personally, even with regulated boxes, I run it at around the same voltage as a normal 18650 (3.7-4.2) and with the build I've done, anything above that gives me a dry-ish, scratchy hit so I don't really get series boxes.
    I've love to try one of your builds at your prefered output so do you have one to recommend.

13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Try anything you like tbh. The most important part is the wicking so you can get the juice to the coils and stop the dry scratchy hit. Just up the ohm and up the power. 22g kanthal. 0.25r 140. Start lower around the 120w to get the wicking right and adjusted. But it is a very hot vape. No need for a special build on a high power reg device. Just up the watts and perfect the wicking. If you really want to play go to 20g.

14. .patrick
    Angelic

Really with the build I have now, I've already hit a wall on the clouds as my lung can't take in and blowout anymore vapor. Really what I'm looking for is better rampup time while not being so hot, but I'd still love to try the way you build.
    Also can you define 'perfect wicking' cuz I just cant seem to get the juice up the cotton fast enough. It's not dry but it's like the juice won't travel up to cotton fast enough so it kinda sorta 'burns' the bit in contact w the coil.

15. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

If I may add just a little info. Getting hot fast is cool in that it gets up to good vapor production quick and cools back off quick but it also over shoots the perfect temp quick. This is why Kanthal has been really good to us in that it allows us to dial stuff in easier. Now that TC is here it allows us to crank the wattage with super low resistance wire to get to max production the fastest yet then backs off the amperage to ride under the temps we set. This is where TC really shines. Once you start playing with that your mind will be blown.

Siam Diesel and skeeters like this.