1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Legality of Using Concentrates for Commercial E Liquid

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Louis, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Thread Starter Active Member

Hey guys

I was wondering on the legalities of using concentrates to make Eliquids intended for sale as a company.

If i set up a registered company to make my own juice which I had crafted using concentrates from other companies, concentrates that I did not make myself, would it be legal to sell that eliquid commercially? are there patents on concentrates which prevent me from doing so or would i have to make my own concentrates?

at the moment I am living in the UK and trying to research how to actually set up a legit eliquid company but lack certain knowledge of business legislation.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

You're looking into setting up a company to mass produce another company's recipes? What will you sell them as? Give them a new name altogether?

Sounds pretty shady so far.

3. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

By concentrates are you meaning flavorings? If so you will find that this is what these companies sell them for in the first place. They are flavorings to be added to recipes of all sorts mainly sold to people who make products and resell them to their customers. This does not sound shady in the least to me.

Louis and haybilly like this.
  4. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

If you are using flavor concentrates to develop your own recipes then there would obviously be no legal issue as that what just about all eliquid companies do. If you are actually referring to buying the "final recipe concentrate" as companies like Mount Baker Vapor offer then that may be somewhat different, though I believe MBV do actually allow this.

Jump to 7:30 minute mark in the video to see how many different "flavor concentrates" Good Life Vapor use to create their own recipes.

Louis, Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

He's not clear, which is why I've asked.
    There is a massive difference between selling your own recipes mixed with various flavourings and selling another companies premixed recipes passed off as something else.

Lol, they do actually encourage it. They'll sell you the labels and bottles too.
    I'm not sure all companies take that stance though.

If it was me the first port of call would have been the company in question, not a forum based 6000 miles away :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

There are too many possible permutations in the scenario posed in the OP to be able to respond without further information. When I see, "wondering on the legalities", my first port of call would be an attorney in the country where the business will be established who is familiar with the vaping industry.

Moved to the Lounge...

7. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks for the information Judas.