1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Latest DIY recommendations

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by Vapoman, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Vapoman

Vapoman Thread Starter Member

Hi guys, first thread creation, hope it's ok here and the subject is suitable etc.

I'm thinking of giving DIY a go, was wondering if you can recommend a place/link to get a proven starter kit or individual places to get flavour, nic, vg/pg. (I googled a few places and checked out the links on the ads on this forum, just wasn't convinced they were for me). Also, I remember reading here a few months back about the best mail method, standard air if I remember correctly.

Any info not suitable for or you not happy to share publicly, please give me a pm. all advice appreciated, thanks :)

stormvapers likes this.
  2. stormvapers
    Fine

stormvapers Well-Known Member

PM sent

3. Vapoman

Thanks, good resource there, might give you a go for the first batch!.. I don't mind buying bulk though, anyone got any wholesaler contacts?

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@jorakae

It's the only way I'd consider...add 'registered' option for tracking. ;)

Edit: thread moved to DIY section. :)

Vapoman and Konvict like this.
  5. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

As we have found out the hard way on every aspect of the law, I'll share what I know in case anyone else is interested. The best chances to clear a shipment without having an import license is with FedEx and you must call them to do an express clearance. However, customs still seems to be inspecting more shipments than they have in the past and our success rate is probably only 30% with this method now. They do bulk clearing which at least gives you a chance. FedEx does charge storage fees for DG shipments (600B/day), but not for normal shipments.

DHL and UPS are an absolute shit show and won't try to express clear anything unless you have a license and you give them power of attorney as a broker which requires some additional paperwork and processing. They do individual shipment clearing which means there is very little chance anything will get by customs. DHL has to date not charged storage fees on normal shipments but UPS does (600B/day). UPS is the absolute slowest carrier and because of their storage fees we try to avoid them.

Regular airmail is not an available shipping option if ordering direct from any of the major suppliers unless you arrange for a shipment pickup yourself.

Alternatively, the law states that anything under 500g can be declared as a sample and should be allowed to pass through without issue.

Vapoman and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

@jorakae - You're still chasing an import license?

7. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Nope, we have our import license now. It was a royal pain in the ass to get, but we got it a couple of months ago. Even with the import license though, its still not as convenient as you might expect. You have to get the manufacturing certificates from every supplier (FDA/ISO). Then you have to register every product individually and there is a per product registration fee. You also have to file the complete SDS documentation for every product which isn't easy to get as some suppliers consider this proprietary/trade secret information. Finally, it takes up to 25 days for them to approve any new products. It is absolute non-stop paperwork pushing all the way the through.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Nice to know that you're earning your money ;)

I need to place another order soon. Do you have 4oz capella Vanilla Custard v1 in stock. Cheers.

Konvict, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

@jorakae : feel happy for you that you get your license.
    feel sad about your paperwork and hassle: reading at blogs it look to be nearly the same s.... in France.
    big want to eat the small: evolution of the "pods" cartridges,
    the small as the big have a lot of paperwork and have to wait to be allowed to sell their production and live on it.(sorry if unclear)
    some big companies don't even want to lose time and money to sell booster, base, concentrate of their best off and prefer optimism the catalog of their already validated receipt as 10ml bottle e liquid.
    all my wishes, be strong.

jorakae and Konvict like this.
  10. Vapoman

Great info, thanks :)
    **Updated**
    I was thinking, what if I wanted to purchase say 20 starter kits for myself and friends or gear to get started minus the battery - could I just get it sent to Thailand by their preferred posting method (preferably air mail registered) to my address in Thailand. I would assume the supplier would give me a good rate and I wouldn't need an import license - right?