1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Lancia RDA clone

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's Atomizers, Cartomizers and Tanks' started by Big by-pass, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

- 1st plug in type air flow control (located on the base of the atomizer)

- 4 airholes which can be adjusted to 1mm, 2mm and 3mm

- 22mm diameter

- Solid negative poles

- Tri-pole super easy to build coils

- Sick top cap Hawaiian inspired engraving

- Serialized

Package includes:

-1 pcs Body(Top cap & base)

-1 pcs Pylex glass body

-1 pcs Acrylic body

-1 pcs SS body

-15 pcs airflow plugs 1.0,2.0,3.0mm.

-1 pcs Hexagon screwdriver

-3 pcs Hexagon screw

Price 800THB.
    EMS 50THB.

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I was very curious about this one when RIP reviewed it but the airflow system too complicated for me ^^

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I picked one of these up nd am very impressed with it. Absolutely great flavor and airflow. Can see why it is a highly regarded flavor atty!

I have a dual coil .5 ohm build in mine using the glass section and the largest air flow plugs in 2 of the 4 slots. Looks great. No leaking with this copy but I can see where if you drip too much (same thing wiith the vast majority of RDAs) or possibly right on the coil, it could leak some out. One thing I noticed is that the glass section could be pulled off very easily so I used some PFTE tape to bulk up the o-ring area and it's got better resistance.

Big by-pass likes this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Folks: Have been using this quite a bit lately and if you can deal with the somewhat loose/easy to pull-off tank section or address it like I did with something like PFTE tape, I am sure you will like it a lot. The flavor production is really good. As a matter of fact, one of the best I have used. It also looks really good and with the glass or polycarb section, it's really nice to be able to see your wicks and coils. Still no leaks with my copy.

Tibo, Big by-pass and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks fr the Feedback on this, much appreciated. How is the build ? I guess you are stuck with the airflow setting unless you remove you build, correct ?

A bit of a pain if you find out after that you wanted more or less airflow. Or is there a way to modify it after ?

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Easy to build and yes, I think you would be committed some to the same airflow until you rewicked but guess you could always raise the coils up some and change out the plugs before going that far. I don't often change my airflow once I have it dialed in as I like so not a big issue for me.

Using the largest air hole plugs and it's a nice and quite open vape...about perfect for my tastes in the more open draw realm of things. The flavor with this level of easy draw is just plain excellent. In the flavor department, might be a top 3 or 4 among my collection but I want to try the next size smaller plugs before I can really place it. I'm surprised at how good it is with my current setup.

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks for those details, Scratchy

8. Scratchy
    Lurking

I was doing a quick check to see about swapping out the plugs without tearing a coil down and ran across the review by Rip Trippers. He put the flavor production as a top three at the time and was raving about that aspect of it. He was put off by the authentic's cost and talked on and on about leaking but as I had read in a thread somewhere, that seems to be more the case with the authentic and at least some clone models do not leak at all with normal use. This clone is one of them. I haven't had any leaking in the tank section or through the air holes and I am putting like 15+ drips in there when I see the wicks are going dry. So, it is very different than the original Rip used. Also he said it was more prone to leaking with dual coil but that's what I have been running.

Only negative on this thing for me was the looseness of the pyrex glass section but as I mentioned I took care of that with PFTE tape. Bottom line is that this RDA is awesome and I highly recommend it for folks who like their flavor. It also puts out the vapor nicely too with the larger air hole plugs.

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Scratchy, Lancia or Marquis if I have to buy only one ?

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Ugh...why did you have to ask that? Ha-ha!

Coincidentally enough I have the same juice running in both (28 Day Vape's Liquid Sin Dreamer) and both running similar resistance dual coil, same 28 ga and both 2.5mm id. Just ran them side by side and the Marquis brings out just a touch more of a sweet note that I like. However, it's very possible that the Lancia could be put ahead of it because I have it setup with the largest air hole plugs that produces an airier vape than the Marquis wide open. I'll try swapping out the plugs for the next smaller, check again and report back.

In terms of actual usage, I think the Lancia is better. That's mostly down to being able to see the coils and wicks and its overall form factor.

UPDATE: Ok, I just tried the Lancia out with the next size smaller plugs and the difference in flavor is negligable but still do get a slight more hint of sweet with the Marquis. Difference now could be down to distance of coil to air holes or possibly rayon density in the coils.

Also noticed that with the next smaller sized plugs in the Lancia the airflow is now a touch less open compared to the Marquis.

Finally, I also took the time to bulk up the top cap of the Lancia with a little PFTE as well to make it a touch stiffer. Funny how with both of these RDAs I had to address o-ring issues. The Marquis was too tight and difficult to push the main body section down all the way (it still is a bit stubborn at this point) and the Lancia was loose with the pyrex tank. I haven't tried the other tank sections on the Lancia yet.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I have bad experienxeces with those mini allen screws. That might be what will make my decision..

But I am serisouly considering it nevertheless..

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

After writing the last bit about the o-rings, I decided to replace my bottom-most o-ring on the Marquis with one of the spares in the Lancia kit and it helped. I am not sure how good of a seal there is as there is the tiniest bit of up and down play to it and it rotates rather easily but it is easier to put the main body section on now. :very good:

13. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

This vaper does not 'chase clouds' or anything just typically builds whatever and vapes it. This atty was obtained from a different vendor, not sure who the manufacturer is. The reason for the 2 cents here is on the first go and without really trying, the result was... most impressive.

The volume of vapor this thing is chucking out can easily be described as the largest and most dense personally produced from any device to date.

For what it is worth, there you go.

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Good to hear you like it too DV! It's been one of my favorite RDAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk