1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kill some time with a good book

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by JohnKalasin, Mar 13, 2016.

1. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

After some Google and research I think a tablet would be really handy.... 555..
    Thousand of e books some of them even read the book for you!

But my idea about reading a book was to have a break from the digital world.. Its all gone digital moods with TC Books that read them self's
    And you can even have digital sex with you girlfriend from the other side of the globe

I miss the 90s

Se link:
    The Digital Love Industry | VICE | United States

farangmick likes this.
  2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

If you want to read, but keep away from the urge to check FB, Line, Twatter every few seconds, get an e reader, rather than a tablet. I had reservations at first, having been an avid book reader for more than fifty years. But my Kindle, with it's £10 hard leather case, (clone from Ebay of course), feels good in the hand. The pages look pretty close to printed paper, unlike the laptop I'm using now.
    It has a link to Wikipedia. So if I'm reading, say, a military history, I can quickly reference any person or incident I am not familiar with.
    Amazon aren't paying me for this post. I bought both of mine on Ebay.

JohnKalasin and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

But what format can you read with the Kindle ? I download different formats like pdf, e-pub among others, since i just look for all the free offerings. The app I use has the ability to sarken the screen so it's an ok feel. I just hate to get stuck with just one format. The rebel in me I guess.

Yong and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

+1. Absolutely agree...but can see the utility in an e-reader like Kindle. ;)

JohnKalasin and Tibo like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I am all for real books but I traveled with a friend recently who had a Kindle and I have to admit it is a great thing. The screen isn't bright as a tablet and it "feels" very paper like. It is much more easy on the eyes of the reader.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Anyone seen Kindle for sale in Thailand like in Central or big c and so on?
    I don't want to order from Ebay...
    I have seen a lot of Tablets, but I don't want that...

7. Handy Hondy
    Fine

Handy Hondy Member

On my last recent visit to the UK I took the time to join the library. I had to provide a UK address, so I just used my dad's place. They do audio books for free now, they have 600 titles updated often and you can download/borrow them when your back in Thailand or anywhere (21 days at a time). I'll never go back to reading again after this, it's a real life changer for me, a bit like vaping. My eyes aren't so good now and the actors that read them are spot on and do the books a lot more justice than the reading voice in my head could ever do. It's convenient as you can just close your eyes and relax while listening or get on with something else, and best of all it's free. I'm on George Orwell's first book right now 'Burmese Days'. It's about the last days of the Raj in Burma, great book and a fascinating historical record of what a bunch of ***** Toff Brits were back then. So if any of you British folks ever go back to UK for a visit it's well worth joining the library. You get all the magazines free to download too, ideal for your tablet. I got an HTC 1 M8, this is a very good handset for audio books, the speakers are mint on it. the E8'll do the job too for much less bucks.
    **Updated**
    @ John Kalasin

B2S bookstore is the Kindle outlet for Thailand. I got one for a friend there.

Tibo, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't know. A bit technical for me. I get all mine from Amazon. Vast number of free classics.
    I had the same reservation about Ebay. It was by far the dearest thing I had bought off it since I've been out here. Came from Japan, customs sticker marked "documents", no customs problems. A few weeks later, I needed a new one. The first vendor had sold out, but I got one from Australia (marked "gift). No problem with either transaction.
    I don't use the first one anymore, 'cos I put it on the roof of the truck while I loaded the kids in, and never saw it again.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    And I don't imagine that anyone else is using it either!

farangmick and Tibo like this.
  10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

At least you loaded the kids and forgot the Kindle, the opposite would have been even more embarrassing ^^

11. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

They have the 'Kindle Fire' which is a tablet/ebook Reader.

And there's a app call 'Amazon Kindle' which is a ebook reader/library.

Available on the ios(iphone) & Android system.

Torrent everything! Pdf, epub, cbr! 555

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
    farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.