1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kayfun Rebuild Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by ryanmacl, May 11, 2014.

1. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people have had issues with their Kayfuns, so I made this tutorial video going through all the parts of the Kayfuns and the steps in setting it up. It's been a long time coming, I've been trying to find the time to do this for the past 2 months and finally cranked it out. I hope it will be useful to someone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

no sound after about 3 minutes then sound comes back during part 3

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Sound fine for me.
    Great video ryan thanks....

4. ryanmacl

It isn't an issue with the video, its an issue with YouTube. Try it on your phone or something, it should play fine, but on my PC a bunch of YouTube videos have been doing this lately. Anyone else having the same issue?

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Working fine with Chromium on my Macbook, and on my iPhone:very good:

6. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Working fine here, Windows7 64bit using chrome browser.:beer:

7. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

2nd attempt the sound works ok--although i tried another build--massive flooding--thats 5 builds all massive flooding--on my 2 other kayfuns every build works with no flooding

8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Great:bravo:

I really need to have this great information to make my first rebuildable Kayfun. Which one is the best Kayfun clone to buy for a reasonable price?

9. ryanmacl

10. Konvict
    Relaxed

11. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Great video and lots of information, excelent quality video and good closups. The only question I have is how could a bad oring provide too much air flow to give a dry hit, a bad o ring is more likely to make you lose vacume and cause flooding unless your tank is empty? With any liquid still in the tank a bad oring will not provide air to the coil, as the mouth to liquid path is still closed, all the orings are behind the liquid. Posible with a bad drip tip oring or a stack oring if there fitted and the liquid is below the top of the stack.

12. ryanmacl

When the clear sections are on its pretty easy to see. Under normal use, you'll get little air bubbles coming through the juice sections into the tank. If one of your seals is flaky, you can see air pulling in through other areas instead of the juice channels. This will prevent enough juice being pulled into your wick. I first noticed it from the bottom fill screw on one of my clones, which is why I put an O-ring on it.

13. Konvict
    Relaxed

What else should I buy from Fasttech or anywhere else to make this work. Can you give a list of things needed, that would be great?!:thank you thank you

14. smithereens

smithereens Member

Really great tutorial. Thorough and no-nonsense.

What's the point of applying juice to the cotton before inserting it in to the coil (in wick #2)?

15. ryanmacl

Some Kanthal and cotton, and whatever I have in the video that you don't already have handy.

Honestly I couldn't tell you. It is the iTEO style wick that you can find out there on the interwebs. I thought it looked interesting so I started trying them out a few weeks ago, and they performed pretty well in my drippers so I carried it over to the Kayfun. Again, it seems to work pretty well. It seems to hold a lot more juice than a normal cotton wick.