1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kayfun Lite ... OMFG!!!

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by V4Vendetta, Aug 26, 2013.

1. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta Thread Starter Member

That was my first build. Since then I've joined the micro coil fanboy club.

My kayfuns (2 KFLs and 1 KF Mini) are now built on 1.5mm drill bit with around 10 wraps of 28 awg tightly coiled (torch the wire, wrap as tight as possible on the drill bit - won't be perfect, and then mounted on the atty. Dry burn just with coil, LET GO OF THE SWITCH and squeeze tight on the atty while hot (few times) until you get a nice tight coil. It should come out something around 1 to 1.2 ohm. Do not ever touch the atty while you are pressing the fire switch; otherwise, bad things can happen. Let go of the switch

Get some sterile cotton balls, take a tiny bit and make the wick. Some people boil the cotton first. I bought my sterile cotton from the pharmacy and do not boil it. Just tight enough wiick to slide back and force inside the coil with tiny bit of resistance but should not be stuck or screw up the coil. I use the tweezer to take slight bit of cotton if I feel like the wick starts out too thick. You will get a hang of it.

The fun is in trying various different builds. In my GP Spheroid, I run the figure 8 silica wick, wrapped like my first KFL build. But on Kayfuns and drippers, I make tight micro coils with cotton wick.

Watch this guys video (this one and other ones). He does good micro coil with cotton wicks. He actually burns and tighten his coil on the tweezer but I do it on the atty.

micro coil on the kayfun lite - YouTube

2. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

thx man, can't wait

3. V4Vendetta

Good luck man. I hope you have a digital multimeter or vv/vw mod that can read ohm. You want to make sure you don't have any short in the atty before mounting it on a mech mod. I used my SVD (now Hana) to make sure everything checks out before moving the atty to a mech mod. Otherwise, you can run into that hot battery situation.

A "testing" battery with 3.7 v left is also good to have and remember the lock rings. Lock that mod up before touching the atty ... never ASS*U*ME ... I'm speaking from experience with burned fingers, dropped mods and etc. :)

4. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

Just finished my first built, 10 wraps of 28 gauge with cotton, gave me 1.2ohm, did exactly like in the video and vaped my first hits...

lol what can i say more than that!! I never tried any other rba but damn this thing hits hard! I was vaping the same liquid today on my evic/protank 2, 1.8ohm, 10 watts, 70%PG patriot tobacco goodejuice 12mg and what a difference. I feel that the 12mg is like a 18 on the kayfun/roller (no kick). So much more vapor, and a little bit more of flavor but not that much. I was expecting more flavor. Or maybe its gonna be different with another juice, but still feel a little bit more taste.

So my conclusion is : OMFG :D what a perfect device!
    Personally, i loved the draw of the protank 1 and the kayfun is very similar. So i wouldn't recommend it to others that don't like very airy draws. But the kayfun 3.1 would be a perfect choice with the airflow control.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to put the same liquid i was vaping today on my protank 2 to see the difference. But can't wait to finish the tank and try a 80%VG myfreedomesmokes tobacco liquid to see the clouds that this thing will produce! :vaping:

- - - Updated - - -

After a few draws, i found the only thing that i don't like. I put my finger often on the airflow hole, so it can lead to leaking and gargling. But i'm sure i will get use to it, not a big deal

5. V4Vendetta

I think cotton gives more mellow taste/flavor ... and I get a bit more taste setting up micro coil/cotton on a dripper.

More sharper taste/flavor comes from gennys with SS mesh wick. After KFL, I returned to build more gennys with SS mesh wick ... trying various build methods. A good setup seems to give more sharper taste and throat hit ... not necessarily better just different.

Micro-coil/cotton is like jamming on Les Paul with dual pickups whereas good genny setup is more close to Fender strat setup.

Genny setup is more fickle, imho. I constantly check to see if there are any hot spots whenever taste turns to that metallic taste. And to change wick, you pretty much have to change the coil. Micro coil/cotton setup, you just change out the cotton and can keep the coil until it breaks (I haven't kept a coil long enough to break yet).

Tonight, I built one GP Spheroid with micro coil/cotton and the other one with silica with normal 4 wrap coil.

Let your KFL sit for a night/day to see if floods. It happened to me on the first few builds. I think you can play around with coil height and cotton wick density to counter act that, if it happens. Regarding finger blocking the airhole, it happens to me also. What I do is switch around battery size to find the good height where the hole is either below or above where my finger is. I also have a habit (picked up from gennys) that I automatically rotate the mod so the airhole faces me (so it will point to the ground if horizontal. Also remember to check the small o-ring in the top section that seats against the chimney. This seems to be the most common place people lose the vacuum seal, resulting in flooding and leaking. Some people switch this out with the provided backup o ring (going back and force).

I think in a long run, KFL will turn out to a good value atty. All you gotta change is the coil and a bag of cotton will last you a lifetime. And with both SS and glass tube, you should be able to run any kind of juice you want.

It's fun to play around.

6. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

man i'm loving it more and more. What a great thing it is to change cotton wicks 2-3 times a day with the micro coil built! When i was vaping with my protank 2, i had to wash my 1-2-3 weeks old coils everytime that i was changing flavors and sometimes you still had the taste of the last liquid. And changing coils was an option but it cost money and waiting for shipping from fasttech or other sites for more coils sucks. Actually, if you take a protank 2 and change coils often, after a year you are probably saving money with the kayfun.

How awesome it is to replace so easily a fresh wick at anytime you want. This kayfun is not only good for performance and built quality but it's also good for saving money and having a fresh wick everyday and everytime you change liquids.

I saw that they started to make clones of the kayfun so i'm gonna wait to read the reviews compared to the real deal and if its bad, i'm buying another kayfun lite 100% sure.

7. erick_silom

erick_silom New Member

will wait for fastech to post the russian 91%. its the clone version of kayfun lite but with an unjustable airflow.

8. V4Vendetta

Kayfun 3.1 and Kayfun Mini have adjustable airflow feature. Kayfun Lite does not and that's why it's shorter than KF 3.1.

I doubt FT will carry Russian 91 as they are not cheap. There is already Kayfun clone out there and more in the pipeline.

9. shah.paracha

shah.paracha New Member

I got to agree with you sir I fell in love with the KayFun as well after reading an article about it on VapeDrone, thinking about getting my own too any suggestions as to where I can get one?

10. VapingxCaLi

VapingxCaLi New Member

Hi Guys!:hello:

Absolutely love my Kayfun Lite. I use the KFL as my all day vape and occasional dripping on the side.

Build: .5 Ribbon wire 4 wrap with 2mm ekowool @ .8 ohms :vaping::vaping::vaping: Also works with regular 28g Kanthal but noticed bigger vape from the .5 ribbon. Would like to test this setup with some .8 ribbon wire when that comes in.

Review: Tighter draw but produces cool - slightly warm vape. If you like the protank this is 10x better than that to me. Can be adjusted to your preferences.

I highly recommend new Kayfun users to put in just enough juice in the beginning. I wasted half a bottle my first time trying to setup the kayfun lite. If not properly setup the juice will completely drain out of the airhole.

Here are some pictures of my Kayfun Lite setups with Kato's Hammer and the Private V2 by Grand Vapors.
    photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 2.jpg

Happy Vaping
    Cal

- - - Updated - - -

photo(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  11. erick_silom

erick_silom New Member

wow, love that hammer time.

12. Tahmos

Tahmos New Member

nice, that Hammer is dope! where did u purchase it?

13. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

15 days today with the kayfun, still loving it! I still have the same first coil that i built on day 1. When do you guys change your coils (micro coil)?

I would like to try other builts to see the difference with a micro coil 10 wraps with cotton. Any suggestions?

14. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

ErikNK Smok, Vaporesso

When you use mesh or SS wick you never have to change it as long as its glow.

15. Jitus

Jitus New Member

image.jpg

Just got my kayfun 3.1 clone (from hcigar) 2 days ago
    Had it set up microcoil cotton method.
    Using 28awg. First time i did it turn out at 1.6 ohms, used it for a day
    Rebuild a second time with 26 awg as i want lower ohm turn out at 0.8 ohms. Gota say it vape perfectly and easily set up.
    For your refference i had zero experience in rebuilding coil but i manage to get 2 perfect coil set up. Compare to iclear30s i was using kayfun 3.1 clone is a clear winner!!:vaping:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014