1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

kayfun hard to open?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by yourauntbob, Apr 26, 2014.

1. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob Thread Starter hair club for men member

so there have been numerious times when i was having trouble getting the top piece off my kayfun (such as when top filling). normally i would pull out the pliers but i noticed this was scratching away the chrome (kayfun chrome plated clone) its not a big deal for me as its only a 500 baht piece but sometimes i would be out without pliers and this served as a problem.

the other day reading through the forums i saw someone (forget who) posted about wanting one of those rubber jar openers from the USA but not being able to find one. Well today I had that problem and as i was looking for my pliers i saw something and had an idea :good idea: what i saw was a rubber band. i wrapped it around the top of my kayfun and then doubled it over a couple times and twisted. PRESTO! :bravo: it the words of RIP Trippers "easy peasy what a sleazy" :congratulations:

hope this helps others out there with a similiar issue, the great thing is rubber bands are everywhere in Thailand so this is the perfect solution when out and about.

2. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

Think that was me because I have a lot of trouble opening mine. Especially running the nano kit because there is so little to grip. The top section of tank wants to unscrew and not the top cap. I think (on mine) the center o'ring is a bit tight on the chimney cap.

This has been annoying me since I got it so today I bought a whole swag of things to find a solution that is easy and travel friendly.

Rubber bands as you mentioned ^. Slimline silicone coated tongs for eating chips I believe, rubber gloves, a super grippy silicone oven mitt that I can slice into thin strips same as rubber bands, rubber splicing tape.

Checkout lady must have thought this guy has a rubber fetish :rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

If its as easy as the rubber bands then I'm fine with that. :vaping::vaping:

- - - Updated - - -

So tool V1 - cut the ends off the tongs and glued a strip of grippy silicone material to them. Worked really well.

Tool V2 - just wrapped a strip of the stuff around the cap - worked equally well.

Both pocket friendly so I'm happy with that.

20140426_154758.jpg

20140426_154847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  3. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

great idea, having the same issues