1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kanger stock VOCC coil rebuilding

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Scuba Vaper, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Thread Starter Open Water Scuva Instructor

My interests have drifted slightly into coil building chasing that holy grail of vapes. This I should add isn't the holy grail, just more reporting how to ... And also I find stock verticals vape better than RBAs, I think because less distance in the wick the juice has to travel.

I couldn't figure out how to dismantle the coils for my subox mini kit (subtank mini), VOCC coils. Eventually stumbled on this - Rebuilding new Kanger Subtank VOCC | E-Cigarette Forum

The missing link for me was the chopstick, along with a baby vice and a hammer, it's easy to take apart the coil then. Don't even need the vice if you have a flat surface that you can bash against, or perhaps you're strong enough to do it in your hand ...

Turns out kanger are (I think) using nichrome wire. I rebuilt using kanthal 26g about 7 wraps ID 3.5mm, ohms quite high, 1.4, so you may wish to experiment with nichrome or perhaps stainless steel, which I think would give you higher potential watts as subox is limited to 8 volts.

Use a smaller ID for lower watts, larger ID for higher watts, then airflow control built in.

Building the coil, do same as normal, then make leads both point in the same direction ,downwards. And "insulate" the top lead using a layer of wicking from touching the coil. There's plenty of videos our there for rebuilding stock vertical coils, so watch those if you're unsure, even rip trippers done one.

Siam Diesel likes this.