1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Just got my first mech - the tiny 4Nine

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by smithereens, Aug 16, 2014.

1. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Look how small it is!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet Chiang Mai Vaper

nice, very nice.
    What's the switch like?

3. smithereens

I don't really have any mech experience to compare it to, except for the other few mechs I very briefly tried in the shop. All the other mech's switches were easier to use, but I had my heart set on the 4nine because of it's size and looks. The switch is crunchy. And the button throw is quite long because I'm using a flat top vtc4. Gonna get a few nipple top AW IMRs soon and I'm really looking forward to shortening the throw. I read that the crunchiness smooths out after a few days or a week. Either way, both are not deal breakers for me because I love how it looks and love the size even more. But for people who don't care about or want the small size, I could see the switch being a deal breaker for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Vaping a 0.7 dual coil on the Storm now, and it's very foggy here indeed. Just frackin' love the look of this thing too.

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Had a few more thoughts about the switch while vaping just now:
    - you really gotta hit the button in the center to fire it. hitting it on the side is hit or miss.
    - the magnets in the switch are really strong. takes a good hard press to fire it. good for preventing pocket-firing, but a bit of a pain with a long button throw.

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Very nice mate, a lovely clear pictures.
    How are you finding the Zenith?

5. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Lookin' good there. Welcome to the wonderful world of mechanicals. So now that you've moved over to mechanicals, are you preferring it to VV/VW like the Hana?

6. smithereens

Thanks.

After a few hours of vaping I do prefer this mech over the hana. That's my early opinion anyway.

As for the zenith, it just meh. Flavour is lacking compared to all other RDAs I've tried (trident, magma, storm, veritas). The post screws are brutal - sharp enough to cut wire frequently and one has stripped already. I replaced it with my kayfun 3.1 airflow screw for now - it fits so much better. Looks and vapor prod are great though.

7. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

That one was really nice. Both the size and the clean look of it.