1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I've just seen a Thai person vaping....

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Jun 16, 2019.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

I see quite a few vaping round Sukhumvit. Trouble is, you still run the risk of getting bagged by the BIB for a very expensive end to your evening. Still not worth the risk IMO.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Okaa

Okaa Active Member

Prior to the shut downs for virus, I would see thais vaping all over the place. A lot of IKos to (i know it is not a vape).

Seen them CDC, Ekkamai, Thong Lo, Bang Mot, Asok and more. I wonder if they face the same fines as a farang.

I was in a grab with my wife and we were stopped at a checkpoint near rama 9 (common to have checkpoint there). They searched my bag and found my vape.

They asked "how much did it cost", I responded 1000 baht not really knowing what they were getting at by asking. Then informed I would have to pay 5 times that and lose the vape.

At this point my wife stepped in and made a few calls. She has family fairly prominent in the gov. Anyway, the police let me keep my mod but I had to pay 2k baht.

RobertDiVapo likes this.
  3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Not great but at least it was only 2 K.....

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

They don't...the actual fine is 4x the value of the device. The kicker is that you have to go to court to get that fine...and to get to court, you get arrested and have to post bail in the amount of Bt 100,000!! Plus, if you're here on a work permit, you may lose it and get kicked out of the country. :(
    You were very lucky...the going rate in Pattaya for the "on the spot" fine is somewhere between Bt 20-40k! o_O

5. Johnny T

Johnny T New Member

I had a conversation with a local vaping at my hotel a couple nights ago here in Bangkok

6. RobertDiVapo
    Thinking

RobertDiVapo Member

So what is the message. To be safe keep the mod at home during "normal office hours" or at least hide it in a secret compartment during the trip when go visting friends?
    **Updated**
    Hmmm. Been traveling in Thailand for 15yrs and living for 9yrs and have never had a search so "intimate". Must be because you are so good looking!

7. amateur

amateur New Member

yes Thai are vaping more and more it seems. I even know some who add some THC juice to their liquid <3