1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

iTaste 134 Mini Problems

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by tea-boy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. tea-boy
    Amused

tea-boy Thread Starter Active Member

Hi All,

First, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't find a section specifically for repairs.

I recently bought an iTaste 134 mini and after about as month it started acting strange. I was getting the 8 second flashing red lights to inform me that the battery needed charging when both batteries I owned were fully charged. I bought some new batteries just to be sure and the problem continued. It occasionally worked with no problems but eventually, after a short period, switched back to not working.

I then started getting a 5 second constant green light which is not listed in the manual.

Being a silly chap that sometimes acts without thinking things through, I decided to investigate the problem and ended up with my mod in 3 different parts :( I have definitely invalidated a warranty, if one existed in the first place.

I then took the mod to an electronics repair shop here in Pattaya. The chap there ran some tests and told me that the mod is working, but the LEDs are no longer functional. He told me that there was nothing he could do.

To sum things up, I would like to know if there is a somewhere in Pattaya, but more likely Bangkok where I could send the mod to pay to have it fixed. It was a birthday present from my wife, so I'd quite like to be using it rather than have it collect dust.

2. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

I would take it to Wut in tukcom to see if he knows someone who could look at it but with the symptoms your describing it sounds like the board is kaput. There was another guy having 134 mini problems. Don't remember if he posted back to say if he found a fix or binned it.

3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

That's me. I still have it but didn't have time to do anything with it yet.

I bought a second hand one to replace it for now, but I am not giving up on it yet because i would love to have three working instead of two of them.

I do think all the iTAste 134 have some kind of problems, because both the other ones will sometimes not fire too. The problem is solved if i turn it off and on again. A beautiful mod with some problems.

The only mod that never turned me down yet with firing is the Provari! It vapes like a champ, but it is just a normal looking mod unlike the iTaste

4. tea-boy
    Amused

tea-boy Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks. I like the 134 mini, when it wasn't acting up, it was very pleasant to use. I am using the itaste vv v3 at the moment, probably going to get a third one of those in the coming weeks.

Is Wut on the basement level of Tukcom? I read some not so great reviews on the thai visa forums but perhaps they were isolated incidents... I'll visit when I next make it into town.

If all else fails, I might contact innokin and see if I can buy a new board.