1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Istick by Eleaf

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Caribou, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Caribou

Caribou Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I was looking for a cheap mod to replace my evo twist that had a really weak battery life and decided for the Istick Eleaf based on enthusiastic posts on other forums.

I bought it at Electronic Cigarette, E-Cigarette, E-Liquid | Heaven Gifts for 40$ with charger (or 35 without)
    Ordered it during chinese holidays, was shipped on oct 9 by EMS and received it on monday 13. Super fast shipment!

It's a tiny device made by Eleaf which is I believe a subsidiary of Joyetech. I will post some pics tomorrow when there is better light, but here are the internet photos :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+ It's really tiny, barely bigger than a 18650, as you can see in the pic compared to an MVP.
    + It feels great in the hand thanks to the rounded up side. Very pleasant to use. It may be even too small for people with large hands.
    + The buttons and finish level are pretty good. Seems well build for the price.
    + The battery life is great (2200mA), especially for the size of the device.
    + I don't own a DNA30 but the interface seems to be pretty much the same. Very easy to use. It is supposed to be variable wattage/voltage from 3.0V to 5.5V up to 20W.
    + It's working like a charm with my Kayfun.
    + Very cheap! Can't beat this price.

- The battery is not replaceable. Some guys have opened it up and it seems to be a standard 18650 battery inside, sadly very hard to remove without breaking everything
    - The mini-USB charging port is on the bottom.
    - Cannot fire sub ohm coils.
    - The 510 connection is not spring loaded, and it's a bit too much on the side, 22mm atomisers will overhang a bit.
    - On my device the 510 axe seems to not be exactly parallel with the device, but it's barely noticeable.
    - And the biggest problem (IMO), the output is not well computed. Basically, the voltage displayed is not the same as the real output because of the difference between average volts and RMS volts. You'll have more detail in the pbusardo review
    It's very noticeable with the lowest setting, when asking for 3.0V, the device is actually giving almost 4V!
    It's big problem with my Atomizer (Davide Anyvape) with an Aspire BVC 2.2 ohm. It's just too powerful, I feel a burn taste after 2 second with the lowest power possible. With my Kayfun, I just select a setting that is giving me the vape I like, it's not really important if the 8W I am asking are actually 12W.

So all in all an excellent device, but the voltage problem is quite inconvenient if some atomisers cannot be used properly with it. A V2 seems to be coming quite soon as I have seen the company asking on reddit what people would like to see in the next version. I hope they will fix the voltage output issue, it will then become a must have.

Thanks for reading this review and sorry for the english mistakes as it is not my first language.

Rowdy, oil, judas and 3 others like this.
  2. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Very helpful as the ileaf is on my radar as a traveling mod.

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

4. Caribou

Caribou Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Update after 2 months of daily usage.
    It's just a great little device. It still works perfectly fine, the buttons are clicking exactly the same as the first day. Overall very solid built.
    On the other hand, it looks like the battery is taking its toll, it doesn't last me the full day anymore. So I hope it will not die in a couple months.

I was using it with kayfuns but recently I tried an Origen v2 dripper. With a single coil build at 1.4 ohms, it's a fantastic vape. Fits in any pocket and just looking great in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

Not too shabby with a Kayfun lite as well. The overhang is noticeable but only from the side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rowdy, Mack, judas and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

My iStick is working great and I like the size. I also wonder about how long the battery will last. If the battery shits itself I can just use it plugged in next to my computer and use it as my computer vape.

Its size is what sold me on it. I dont want to be seen walking around with a big donger in my hand but that is just me "Horses for courses" as they say.:vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping: