1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help is my LG HE4 kaput??

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by etlava, Mar 18, 2016.

1. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

As per the above title. Details:
    (1) LG HE4 (from reliable source)
    (2) 3 months 17 days old
    (3) use ONLY for vaping, ipv D2.
    (4) before this with each full charged, it lasted about 2 - 2.5 days.
    (5) charging with VC2 Plus. Input current setting at 0.5A.
    (6) as of today, still 4.22V after fully charged.
    (7) haven't had chance to test on its auto discharge rate.

Issues:
    Since 15 March, each time after I fired my iPhone D2, I noticed the display stays on forever (longest I have tried to let it stayed on was 50 minutes) the display will go off only if I lock the device. Each fire lasted only around 2-3 seconds. I replace it with Samsung 25r, everything went back to normal. So, I'm quite sure the device is not faulty.

I don't mind changing to a new battery, but just curious is this normal and whether it happens to everyone too. Or Just another sign of an aging battery? What's the worst case scenario if I continue using it?

Thank you in advance for all the replies.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried the HE4 in another mod? Don't know why the battery would cause the IPV D2 to stay on longer...still think it might be the mod.

farangmick and etlava like this.
  3. etlava
    Psychedelic

Cheers SD, unfortunately I don't have another device that runs on single battery and I have only one HE4. Is it OK to put a HE4 and another Samsung 25r in my second mod ipv4s?

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ Not recommended - - such batteries should be 'married'. BTW, if you have a Vapor Flask 2.1, it will run on a single battery (and so may some of your other dual-battery mods that are wired in parallel [I think that's correct...but don't quote me ;)])

etlava likes this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

My HE4 are dead but the opposite way as your. Fully charge, put them in a mod and 2min later "Low Battery". Now the battery charge isn't low, it's just not giving the power at all.

In your case you should try them with another mod and try the same mod with other battery. Just to be sure. But at the end, if you don't feel safe, toss them :)

farangmick, etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. etlava
    Psychedelic

Errrr.... I don't have any other options for mods. I have only 2 mods; Ipvd2 and ipv4s. :depressed:
    @Tibo Since this morning, I have tried putting 2 Samsung 25r and 2 Sony VTC5 on the ipvd2. All worked out just fine, able to fire for as long as I like, display goes off automatically as it should be.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Have you checked the battery contacts inside the device to see if they aren't making good contact or otherwise? Possible the battery length requires some adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farangmick, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  8. etlava
    Psychedelic

Cheers mate, checked after reading your reply. The metal plate that supposed to cover the spring of the negative post does look a little bit shorter leaving the spring exposed by approx 25%. If this is the cause, why it only affecting HE4 and not Samsung 25r or Sony VTC5?

BTW, adjusting the battery length?? The battery itself? Not trying to be a dick here, but how?

Appreciate all the helps and replies people.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hehehe...this is the perfect reason to get another one... ;)

Somebody get this man a D3!

Here you go...
    IPV D3 80W Box Mod | Thailand Vapers

10. etlava
    Psychedelic

:grin:
    Hehehe... Probably yes. Looking at evic vtc mini as well. Between these two? Which one would you prefer.

Cheers mate

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

requires adjustment...of the battery clips/posts because it's possible the battery is slightly shorter than your others and not allowing good contact. Hope it works!

Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  12. etlava
    Psychedelic

@Siam Diesel @Tibo @Scratchy
    You guys are right. It's the mod!!
    :very good:

Due to that I don't have another single battery mod To test the HE4, I tried it on a LED flashlight, let it ON for about 60minutes. The battery's depletion was very little, insignificant changes. So switched the attention back to the mod. @Scratchy advice on the battery clip adjustment was spot on. Adjust the clip of the negative post rectify the problem thus the life of my ipvd2 had been extended. Yay!!!

I'm so so glad I found TV from the 1st day I started vaping. Next vape meet, first round is on me!!
    :cheers2:

Scratchy, Yong, farangmick and 2 others like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

D3 all day long (go for it anyway)!

Glad the D2 will live to vape a few more days.
    :grin:

Sent from my P3 Ti...

14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Not tried the D3, not even seen one in real life, so I've just watched the Mike Vapes review of it. Happy I chose the VTC mini though because;
    Firmware upgradeable. Charging port, if you ever have to use it, is in a sensible location, and has a micro USB connection, not something from the '90's. Really good display, but unfortunately dim. The D3 is bright, but the digits look the same as those on an old space invaders game. The VTC mini in gunmetal grey looks and feels like a solid lump of metal.
    All subjective of course. Performance-wise, they seem close. Could come down to brand loyalty if you are happy with the IPV's you have.

Siam Diesel and etlava like this.