1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Is it easy to replace the USB charging socket? (burned)

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by santaclaus, Aug 28, 2018.

1. santaclaus

santaclaus Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I have a Eleaf Pico where the USB charging port burned when I was charging it at night with a USB cable. Lucky my room didn't burn ;). Oddly, the charger still works occasionally but the connection is very bad. Would it be easy to get the USB port replaced at a phone repair booth? e.g. Fortune town.

ps. I use a battery charger now, however I still want to be able to use the cable when I travel.

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Why don't you get a small 2-bay battery charger for travelling? That's what I do, rather than using the USB connection. Much safer

3. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Wish they'd stop putting those things on mods i never use them anyhow , They suck and will mess your battery's up.

SooKee, jpr and debatedude like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I got the same usb problem on a old (still perfectly working) istick 100, I suppose it's expensive to fix it.
    It's written in the user manuel that using a travel battery charger is faster,
    it's right (also better for the batteries).
    I do as @debatedude and @Donkey .

debatedude likes this.
  5. santaclaus

santaclaus Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, for talking some sense into me. It didn't come to my mind that the chargers come in travel size too. Much better and should have learned from the first occasion how dangerous charging with USB can be :O

I found a perfect Nitecore on Lazada that is very compact, takes 2 batteries and you can even use it as a power bank. More space saved for my motorbike trips ;)

Nitecore F2 Flexbank USB Devices Power Bank 2 Batteries by Combo Electronics | Lazada.co.th

jpr and debatedude like this.