1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Importance of clean

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by cmbrstefan, Oct 5, 2014.

1. cmbrstefan

cmbrstefan Thread Starter Well-Known Member

So I have been on a mechnic for a month or two.since then I have cleaned only the post contacts and never looked on other places like the inside of the button where the actual contact of the negative of the button makes contact to the whole tube. Also the inside of the screw's I have never checked.

So today I took my time and cleaned sanded and polished every millimeter that was looking dark.

After assembling everything I was like man. Now I know why my .2 ohm build feels so cold. Now its burning.

Now I have to make a new build at .3 ohms so it does not get to hot.

Keep them clean for best performance.

2. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

another good reason for a regulated box :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

another good reason for a regulated box :grin:

3. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Sorry but no :grin: I got one regulated device left, used as a ohm reader. But to keep things in good working order by a cleaning / checking routine is a good thing. A mech is really a very simple device so it's not that much work really. I find it quite relaxing to sit in peace and shine and polish a little.

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  4. cmbrstefan

cmbrstefan Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I want to do that all day long. But I still have only 1 much. So I have to hurry some times.

5. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Can you please tell me what a mech is?

Many thanks
    Rowdy:thank you:

6. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Mechanical MOD – A mechanical MOD is a MOD that works without the use of electronic components. That is, when pressing the fire button, rather than an electric signal being sent telling the device to heat the atomizer head, a mechanical MOD simply makes the connection between the battery and the atomizer when the button is pressed.

7. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

To clarify that a bit more, a mechanical mod doesn't use wires. It makes purely mechanical contact to complete the circuit. The ones that work like a mechanical mod but use wires or a normal momentary switch (still having no PCB board) are known as semi-mechanical mods.

8. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

So many things discussed in this post:

1. It is very important to clean your mod. Before every use of any mod (I only run mechanical; my regulated mod is only used for ohm reader) I clean the contacts. I use a WHITE (non colored) rubber eraser over the contacts. I erases oxidation like removing pencil lead from paper. It makes sure electricity is free flowing. It is also important as a safety measure. Like if debris and gunk builds up in the switch, you will notice the switch getting very hot. Gunk could potentially lead to a fire hazard if not cleaned.

2. I do not like regulated. Nearly every circuit board mod I have had has failed. The only regulated that I have that still works is my Vamo (my first VV/VW), and on that the threads have stripped for atomizer.

3. I find it relaxing in a zen like way to totally dissemble a mod and clean it. It's just hard to find the time. But for me cleaning a mod isn't really a chore.

Siam Diesel and ckapp like this.
  9. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Agreed completely. Tanks included. Every time I re-wick or re-coil or both, all the seals come out, everything gets flushed thoroughly with water and I twist up little bits of kleenex and clean all the channels for the seals and o-rings. Juice accumulates air-born crud due to its oily viscosity and can and does create leakage issues. Kleenex, the skinniest q-tips (cheapest) you can find and a garbage bin are a builder's best friends. Also, I like music to add to the maintenance/building experience. Check out Groove Salad on Soma FM.

"I find it relaxing in a zen like way to totally dissemble a mod and clean it."

Hsin Hsin Ming: The Zen Understanding of Mind and Consciousness. Just to add to the Zen-i-ness :)

10. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Osho/Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was a cult leader.
    Plenty of good books on Zen Buddhism out there written by people who walk the talk.
    Don't buy this book.

ckapp likes this.
  11. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Don't forget about his 96 Rolls Royces :)

12. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

I often let my heads sit in vodka for a day or two - does anybody know if the vodka is likely to harden the rubber bits?

13. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I would have thought so, but not sure.

taotoo likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Are you talking about pre-made coil heads or the RBA heads? Doubt if the vodka would do enough damage to make either unusable.

taotoo likes this.
  15. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

They're Ego One CLR heads which are rebuildable. They each have a couple of rubber o-rings. Just wondering as in a past life I was taught to not clean rubber with isopropyl alcohol. Not a big deal either way I suppose - can replace the heads one day if necessary.

Siam Diesel likes this.