1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I'm a fasttech virgin ...

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Scuba Vaper, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Thread Starter Open Water Scuva Instructor

have to confess not having ordered anything from FT delivered into LOS. Mainly I've been happy with local vendors, but currently seeing a lot less choice and lots of "out of stock". Presumably this relates to the recent import/export ban ?

I've read quite a few of the numerous posts about fasttech into thailand, and have gleaned :

1. Pay with credit card, or PayPal then credit note then reorder using credit note. Presumably credit card can be delivered to any address, not just the registered address.

2. Avoid dhl or any express delivery in favour of surface/air, wasn't quite sure about singpost ...

3. Split order into as many packages as possible to lessen the loss of any one package not arriving.

4. Don't order mods with integral batteries.

5. Delivery by slow method will take average around 2 weeks to show up.

So questions I have left are :

1. Dunno how discount codes work, or whether it's worth using them ?

2. Bit of clarification on delivery, singpost people were using, now having problems ?

3. What happens with an undelivered package, do fasttech just refund after a certain period of time or is that my loss ?

4. Anything else I missed !

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

1: Always pay online with PayPal if possible (IMO), if PayPal is registered to your Thai address you won't need to cancel (then reorder with a GC).

2: Sing Post or China Post (whatever you chose, make sure it's a registered option).

4: I've just ordered one with an internal battery, I'll see what happens.

1: Apart from Map (if applicable) there are no current codes.

2: No problems with Sing Post for me, received an order on Friday.

3: Only if it goes missing (so use registered options every time) will they refund you, but it will take at least 60 days.

4: Probably...

farangmick, Tibo, judas and 4 others like this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

4. Jay

Jay Member

I had to actually take a picture of the front of my credit card to verify I had the card and it was mine. after 3 emails to my bank and another 5-6 to F.T. it turns out this is normal and ok, just not the back of the card. just a heads up

etlava and Scuba Vaper like this.
  5. Scuba Vaper

Ok, so if I want to use my credit card, then be prepared for hoops to jump through :)

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Not always...we've heard that FT asks for this every once in awhile (based on previous reports)...being the mistrustful type, I only use PP when dealing with FT. :D

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

What ever @Rick O-Shea said, I second it. I have never ordered form FT but I have been here long enough to know that half of the Porsche Cayenne owned by FT boss has been paid by Rick.

8. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

The other half---by me!!

I use Thai Paypal Account for items I want shipped to Thailand Address, and my UK based Paypal, for items going that way.
    I just had a quick check--my FT Account has 13 pages, and approx 6 orders per page --now some, probably 20%, have been cancelled but that still gives you some idea of how many orders I've made through FT; so far, no big problems.
    I've ordered Tanks RBA/RTAs, Box Mods, Mech Mods, Reg. Mods, integral battery items and complete Starter Kits, Coils, wire, tools, etc..--as I say, touch wood, so far so good.
    i reckon, the only thing I haven't bought from FT is Juices.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  9. Scuba Vaper

Thanks guys :) ... For Thai PayPal one just needs Thai bank account, right ?

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I think you need a Thai credit/debit card that can be used online.

Konvict and Scuba Vaper like this.
  11. Scuba Vaper

TVM, I think I have one or can get one, so will check it out, thanks for your help :)

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I only have Thai Debit Cards, the MasterCard type which can be used to pay for items provided the store has a swipe machine- and these are linked, obviously, to my Thai Back account; basically, unlike my UK PayPal account, I can only purchase stuff provided that my Thai PayPal account has the sufficient amount of credit in it-- many times I've had to suspend a transaction while I transfer cash from my UK PayPal account to my Thai PP account.
    It's easy enough, but having a genuine Thai Credit Card would probably make things even easier. I just can't be bothered to go down that route.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Just about everything already covered. I had a few issues to start with. I'd already changed my UK Paypal and Ebay accounts to my Thai address, and bought quite a lot without a problem from Ebay UK. My first attempt with a direct transaction with a company in China, FT, was refused by my UK bank.
    I don't have a credit card, but it was a simple process to get my Thai ATM/Debit card authorised for on line shopping. I paid for a few orders with it, then I got the same "Your bank tells you to F. Off" message. So I opened a Thai Paypal account, with the same card, and, so far, lived happily ever after.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  14. Lyss
    Bored

Lyss Well-Known Member

For Thai residents, K-Web shopping card (the virtual one from Kasikorn) works perfectly. Recommended.

15. Scuba Vaper

Thanks guys kbank cyber shopping card works for me :)

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.