1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

icear 30S

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by chiangrai, Dec 14, 2013.

1. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

On some attys you have to be careful about dry burning so as not to melt the insulation (ie. Protank), but on most it should be fine. On my genesis' I try to dry burn after every tank, whether or not I wash it out. I cook that sucker good and hot too, pulsing it until my wick glows red. It'll carbonize anything that is stuck on there, and I notice the flavor gets much stronger afterwards. I used to do the same thing with my clearos too, but I always washed them first.

2. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

For Vaporporphs why do you not take off the silicone ring before rinsing and

For Disambiguate,how long do you leave them soak in the denture cleaning solution and is the vodka necessary

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Either on or off really, no big thing for me, but it is removed before dry burning as per my Thread:
    How I clean my iClear 30S coils

4. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Not about dry burning but a question about the iClear30S.... I have a EVIC and with the iClear30S on 5V with a full or half full tank it produces very good Vapor but i realized a lack of flavor. Screwing the iClear on to a eGo twist 900 mha battery and vape at 4.8V i get the same Vapor but also the flavor of the juice comes out amazingly good.The troth hit is stronger as well... Is this a lack of power or performance from the EVIC or any other reason like a tighter airflow when screwed on to the ego maybe.....? Is it maybe time to get a new mod a Provari a like for my more demanding Vaping needs now....:chinrub::wink:

5. disambiguated

disambiguated New Member

About 10 minutes (they're advertised as being able to fully clean dentures in 3 minutes). I'm using denture-cleaning tablets which fizz when placed in warm water, btw.

Yes, the vodka soak is necessary in order to get rid of the 'minty' aftertaste of the denture cleaner.

6. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Just wanted to throw this out there. I got the iClear 30 today from Redhotchili and good god, the draw is tight on this thing. I put the airflow controller from Micky on it opened all the way, tried it on my SVD, same deal. The taste is also much more bland compared to my Protank or any of my rebuildable stuff. Lots of vapor, but just not as enjoyable as the other stuff. I'm going to try it while I'm flying to the states, hopefully the wicks will bed in and I'll get some flavor back. I don't know how you guys do it with the tight draw though....

7. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I used baking soda and vinegar before, works fine but maybe the compact design of the 30s coil makes it hard to get the baking soda on the coils.:vaping:

Rinse in vodka after if someone trys this....

:very good:

8. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Today i dry burned my coil from the 30S for the first time after a week of excessive use. Wile taking of the sillicone i exidently removed the wick laying on the coil as well. I did not but the wick back as i thought the lack of flavor i noticed before could improve for the good by leafing the wick out. The tank performs better i have to say. The troat hit is of course stronger but i don't mind at all. The flavor is better too and i don't have to go full power regarding voltage anymore to get a satisfying flavor and vape. I now vape on 4 volts and the vapor production is as good as before.

Anbessa

9. -V-
    Cool

Yep, I said nearly the same about the top wick, no need for it:
    How I clean my iClear 30S coils | Thailand Vapers

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

I have seen a vidoe were the silicone cap was removed but the wick stayed on the coil. Only thing was the tank was note used before. I agree with you, no need for this extra wick and dry burning the coil which takes about 5 min. does the job just fine.

Anbessa

11. -V-
    Cool

I've never seen a video for the iClear 30S yet...got a link?

12. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

13. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

14. -V-
    Cool

Ok I see why now, he takes off the silicon cap when it's new and dry, once it's been used the head and juice then make it as far as I know kind of stick to the inside of the silicon cap and that is why it comes off when we dry burn....

15. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Kind of thought the same. The wet wick might also decrease the flavor as it acts like a mini filter instead of as a additional juice supply for the coil. After changing the juice back to the Bobas it is defiantly a increase on performance whiteout the wick on a lower voltage too. Amazing....:vaping::vaping::vaping: