1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I want a mod!

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by debatedude, Dec 10, 2013.

1. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

I'm going back to America early next year and thought of bringing a few things back with me. One thing I thought about getting is a real mech mod. I have my eye on the SMOKTECH MAGNETO - BRASS EDITION . Seems durable, easy to clean, long lasting, and just looks bitchin! It would be a nice contrast to my iTaste 134. Yes, I know I would need a kick, but hey! I can get one of those too.

So what's your (the group "your") opinion of the smoktech? Are there better mods for the same price? OR . . . are there better mods in the $30-100 range?

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I know how you feel, I'm just sticking with Mech Mods kicked from now on.
    That one you've linked is a good one at a good price.
    However, I would say this Nemesis Clone I bought from goodkat is about the best clone mech mod I have bought, got it kicked in 18650 mode with the green panny 3,400 mph and it's great.

3. -V-
    Cool

For the kick, there's the Kick clone and the real Evolv kick 2.
    If you've got the cash get the real one, if not get the clone but the clones I've read can last from a few weeks, few months and so on...

4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

Ah, now that's important to know. I already have 18650 batteries. I would have to buy new batteries with the smoktech.
    I have those as well, but mine don't go so fast (mph = miles per hour LMAO)

- - - Updated - - -

Micky said he could pre-order kicks if enough interest. Do you have any info on that?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the one Micky can get :)

5. -V-
    Cool

Sent you a PM with all the info mate...

6. spacemunk

spacemunk Banned

A real mech mod is no where in the 30-100$ range.

7. -V-
    Cool

I agree in a way, as i own the69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2
    By Atmomixani : 69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2

But I don't want to sound like a broken record, but i have been vaping with the Nemsis clone from goodkat and to me the look, feel, vape is 99% that of the original, but for only 900 thb shipped from Bangkok.
    Since receiving it, I haven't used my Eric 69 mod for 3 days now.

8. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

The magneto looks nice in 18350 mode without a kick, but as soon as you add a kick or larger batteries it loses its aesthetics, i think and looks just like another telescope.

Great if you like that sort of thing, but I think you can't beat something like the Nemesis - long and sleek.

9. -V-
    Cool

I agree, and as far as I know you can't kick it and use 18650 batteries...

10. -V-
    Cool

11. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

If I were you, i'd just get a few liters of e-liquid and be happy with that.

It seems that all of the mods, attys and RBAs are just as cheap, if not cheaper out here.

A provari or Futura would be nice and flashy, but at the end of the day you could buy six or seven Nemesis cones in different colours for the same price...

12. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I have to agree. The whole point of mech mods is that they are a simple circuit, no electronics to whack out on you. How does it make sense to pay 10 times the price for an original when a clone is the same thing, just maybe needs a little loving to make it perfect.

A VV/VW device, an original Kick, something with a circuit board, I can see paying good money. Even something like a titanium mech, ok...but not a Chi or a Nemesis. Just buy the copy.

13. goodkat

goodkat New Member

i got a few friends in the states with real nemesis and so on, all have protective clear sticker on them. lol

would suck if you paid like few hundred on a mod and then it get scratched. i hardly use my Pisces mod ($175). lol i just vape with the nemesis or the chi you, no worry at all.

- - - Updated - - -

69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2 looks very nice.

14. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I used to be like that. Cases for everything, protective skins, silicone, etc. If you need something good and cheap, check out bestskinsever.com, they sell uncut sheets of their skins, it's an incredibly durable material. It's the same stuff we used to get from helicopter squadrons when I was in the military, they put it on the leading edge of rotor blades to protect them from damage.

After many years, I got over it. Everything gets banged up eventually, there's too much time, money, and energy involved in preventing it. If you spent so much for the Pisces, why not enjoy it?

15. goodkat

goodkat New Member

i did enjoy it...but kind stuck on my nemmy n chi...need to find me a nice atty to go with the pisces. gonna see if i can find a place to sliver coat the pins.