1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How to not get arrested when caught vaping in an airplane bathroom

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Darth Vaper, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

As many of you know, yours truly is currently on a trip outside of Thailand at the moment. After many hours of air travel recently, the thought had occurred that with many vapers either new to the forum or new to the craft a post on the subject of vaping and air travel might serve the forum well. The subject of this post has been discussed previously and this is admittedly a bit of a rerun but all the same, please to enjoy the following.

---

A few years earlier, a more naive vaper once posted that you could chuck clouds in an airplane bathroom without fear of reprisal. That claim is hereby being humbly withdrawn.

If, by chance or stupidity, you find yourself in an airplane bathroom dense with more fog than one bombed by the likes of Cheech and / or Chong while the smoke alarm also happens to be blaring, follow the tips below for keeping yourself free from punitive fines, arrest and so on and so forth.

As a disclaimer, please bear in mind that this post can be made in good faith as a truthful account of exactly how this vaper was able to escape from such a lavatory free from harm. Yet, it should be particularly noted that there will be many variables if the reader were to attempt recreating this predicament that cannot be controlled. Therefore, your best defense would be to not suffer from the the chronic dumb that would land you in this situation in the first place. These are the suggestions based on what worked in the only instance this author has had first hand experience.

First and foremost, wear business attire when you fly. This will afford you many benefits not bestowed on other passengers even while flying cattle class. Naturally, just a nice suit will not be enough but it will help. A lot.

Put your device in your back pocket. This should go without saying but for the sake of completeness, and for the fact that you are about to play dumb, there you go.

"(sir or madame), I have no idea what is happening. I have no matches, no lighter and no cigarette. I do not know what is going on." Repeat this phrase and offer little to no more information unless it is demanded of you.

You may want to turn out your front pockets as well while babbling this. If you are afraid of looking like a retard, it is too late anyway. Ask yourself which would you rather endure: being perceived as a moron or being detained on arrival and most likely being on the hook for thousands of dollars in fines?

If you answered positively for the dingus option, consider imagining you have just been punched in the head a few hundred times or that you have a touch of adult on set dementia. Don't over do it. A little goes a long way.

At this point, if you have not been told to just go back to your seat, you are probably forked beyond hope and you ought to not say a single thing more than something about not wanting to incriminate yourself in between apologizing profusely and rummaging for your attorney's contact information.

Have a safe trip!

Next up: how to vape in an airplane revised for 2015

haybilly likes this.
  2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Or you could simply stealth vape and not get caught :) I vape everytime I take the plane, in the toilet and on my seat (under the blanket), just have to keep in discreet.

A good training field is at the movie theater :)

etlava, bifftastic, haybilly and 4 others like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

+1000...what he said!!

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Or even go a few hours without vaping? You won't die; Well, you won't die due to not vaping, at least.
    Enjoy your flights everyone!

etlava, a_spirit and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Nicotine gum. That's what I use for the marathon sessions across the Pacific.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Found these in Australia...life savers as the Sydney Airport is completely non-smoking (arrived late for a departure). They're also available in Singapore & Germany (but not here)...not the greatest but they worked just fine on long-haul flights BV (before vaping). ;)

upload_2015-10-28_11-53-49.png

etlava, vinay and Tibo like this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I like that option ! Thanks SD for sharing

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I remember an old work colleague gave up smoking, using one of those in the late 90's.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. beebop

beebop Member

If you just need the nic hit, what Siam Diesel posted is perfect. I fly a lot, and just stealth vape in my seat or the toilet. MTL, hold it in, breathe through the nose. The person next to you won't even know, and there is no way you'll set off any alarm in the toilet

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

etlava, haybilly, Tibo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

[​IMG]

Call me a dinosaur, but this particular stealth method has worked well so far and I don't feel the need to change. It's works especially well in an airplane bathroom because people expect things to come out of your butt while you are in there. Granted that the clouds coming out when you open the door can be a little off putting to other passengers. But the way I handle it is to eave a tremendous stink so that no one wants to go in there after me. This way people would rather try and forget what I've done rather than ask alot of dumb questions about what I was doing in there.

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Submaniac likes this.
  12. debatedude
    No Mood

Hell, just put a couple of drops of juice on your tongue. Works like a treat!

13. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

havent tried that, but actually putting it under your tongue it should be very effective against cravings

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. debatedude
    No Mood

It is. I speak with experience.

15. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

[​IMG]

These Work also, sold in Sweden, tobacoo grounded and baged in small bags u put under ure lip.. Snus it's called, do not swallow, u might throw up..

Vaped from my iPhone with adapter to Tapatalk

jpr likes this.