1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How to get that "fizzy" sensation ?

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by Bantorvaper, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Could someone advise what I should add to my juice in order to make it feel "fizzy" such as described below. I recently made some Cherry Cola which tasted half ok--but it was missing that required "tang".

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

Try tfa champagne, most commonly used flavoring for adding "fizziness" to a juice.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  3. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

I'm going to disagree with most of the DIY community here and say it just isn't possible and call this advertising out on misleading marketing. Carbonation is the infusion of carbon dioxide which cannot be achieved by simply adding a flavor. If you want a fermented grapes flavor, champagne suggestions work, but it is very long and far from any carbonation effect.

4. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Thanks @Serenity and @jorakae. Spent some time surfing the web on this issue and opinions are really diverse. One theme that appears quite frequenly is that tfa champagne is not fizzy per-say, but to many (i.e. not all) leads to a somewht tingly sensation on the tongue that many believe could actually be phycological (is that the right word?) in nature or at least provides the perception of a "tingle".

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. jorakae

I would go so far as to say it doesn't even add a tingly sensation. Imagine flat wine. It tastes exactly like fermented grapes without any carbonation effect whatsoever.

Here is a discussion on the subreddit DIY_ejuice (the comments tell all).
    Let's talk about TFA Champagne. : DIY_eJuice

Another review on the same subreddit
    [Flavor Review] TFA Champagne : DIY_eJuice

Here are multiple reviews of the flavor on e-liquid-recipes.com
    Check cookies

You can ignore the comments that say "seems like", "seems to", "think that". It is a very distinguishable sensation and you know immediately if your water is flat or sparkling when you drink it. It simply is or it isn't. As I read from another commenter somewhere, if you want to get a true carbonation effect, drink soda water while vaping.

Konvict, Bantorvaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    :very good:

jpr, Konvict and jorakae like this.
  7. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

@jorakae and @Serenity (and evertbody else). Found this, made in the UK. Assume it really does work !

Home / DIY E Liquid / Fizziology Flavour Concentrates / Fizz Base Fizziology Flavour Concentrate

[​IMG][​IMG]
    FIZZ BASE FIZZIOLOGY FLAVOUR CONCENTRATE

Part of our new Fizziology range. A tongue tingling sensation, mixed with drinks and fruit. We also sell the unflavoured Fizz Base, to give a fizzy edge to your own recipes.

Our unflavoured Fizz Base is the perfect way to give any recipe a fizzy edge.

Available in 10ml, 100ml and 500ml bottle size.

This is a concentrated flavouring to be mixed in DIY e-liquid. It is not to be vaped without diluting. All Vapable flavour concentrates are PG based.

SKU: FIZ00110 Categories: Fizziology Flavour Concentrates,Vapable Flavour Concentrates Tags: Diy Eliquid, fizziology, flavour enhancer, new
    Product Description
    Part of our new Fizziology range. A tongue tingling sensation, mixed with drinks and fruit. We also sell the unflavoured Fizz Base, to give a fizzy edge to your own recipes.

Our unflavoured Fizz Base is the perfect way to give any recipe a fizzy edge.

Ingredients
    Natural and/or artificial flavouring, suspended in Propylene Glycol.

Notes
    • We recommend mixing a test batch of most Vapable concentrates at around 15% and then adjusting to taste.
    • There can be variance in the colour of different batches of the same flavour. This is a natural part of the manufacturing process and is not a fault.
    • This is a concentrated flavouring to be mixed in DIY e-liquid. It is not to be vaped without diluting.
    • Made in the UK.

v 4 vendetta, jorakae and Konvict like this.
  8. jorakae

This certainly looks interesting, but I'm afraid it still seems like a lot of marketing hype to me. A "tingling sensation" is something quite different from carbonation. I can get a tingling sensation from WS-23. Even if someone was to infuse PG or VG with carbon dioxide (which certainly is possible) and bottled it under pressure until you used it, it would quickly go flat once the pressure was released. I stand by my initial statement that you will not get a carbonation effect from a flavoring.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

And even if you could, I'm not sure I'd want to vape it. ;)

jorakae, jpr and Konvict like this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

excellent....:thank you thank you: @jorakae : unbelievable
    does it meant that, as long we'll not have possibility to get special bottles for this special juices:
    :cheers2: juice will be white vine after few days
    :beer:juice will be :chinrub:juice?

Konvict, Siam Diesel and jorakae like this.
  11. Rossi Vapes
    Relaxed

Rossi Vapes New Member

@Nick Webber I have just received the full pack of FIZZIOLOGY range. I shall try and mix it this week and report back on the outcome.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Maybe...but is it safe to vape? No info whatsoever on their website about this product.

If I want fizzy, I’m drinking a soda (or a glass of champers). :D YMMV
    :vaping: :vaping:

jpr and Konvict like this.
  13. Rossi Vapes
    Relaxed

Rossi Vapes New Member

On the bottle the ingredients are pg. So i would assume it is.

14. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

@Rossi Vapes, look forward to learning your feedback. Its obviously not going to be carbonated (bubbly) but if it is vape-safe and provides a sensation that adds a sensory tingle to my cherry coke then it has to be better than vaping flat cherrycoke or similar. Yes, do let us all know. :very good:

15. jorakae

Let's see, just joined at the time of your posting. Your first post here ever was on this line of products. You are posting from the UK.

Yeah, probably not from their PR/marketing team at all.