1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How do you handle your mod and tank at Insomnia

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by BigToot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BigToot

BigToot Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I do like to get down to Patters every once in a while, and next time I will be vaping my way through the sweaty crowds.

I like hanging at 808 and Insomnia…those places are bloody heaving.

Anyone ever vaped in these places? Must be a frickin nightmare putting your mod on a table…what with all the drunks (myself included) around.

Any suggestions on how to minimise accidents…lol…Im thinking of getting a leather sleeve I can sling around my neck but can't find a single decent looking one on FT.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

if you put a mechanical mod in your front jeans pocket, the lady-lads will handle it for ya ... no problem

3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Might fit in a over shoulder pistol holder, although if your atty leaks might be messy on your shirts, and under a jacket you do run a slight risk of getting shot by the BiB, as I don't think firearms are legal in the land of smiles for ordinary citizens ...

4. BigToot

Vaping friend who visited reported quite a few woman in IBar with up to date box mods blowing clouds :)

Also, annoying tendency of bargirls who will want to handle your mod, ask for pulls and generally run through your juice if you're not careful.

They can handle the mechanical mod on my trousers all they want, but leave the vape alone.

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I always bring a few extra drip tips for the girls to use on my backup mod...would rather they're vaping than smoking stinkies near me. YMMV ;)

skeeters and Konvict like this.
  6. BigToot

You carry a backup mod just for bargirls?

Thats pretty generous.

I would be generous with juice if the good stuff was easily available and not so dear.

7. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Been many years since a bar girl wanted to handle my mod. But getting back to vaping, try taking your rig to a local cobbler, with an idea of how you want to carry it, belt holster or dangling round your neck. Guarantee you get sorted.

8. BigToot

I have a case or two reaching me soon. I was only asking in a light hearted vein…not so much about how you protect your mod….but how you keep it intact in the chaos of a place like insomnia…Ive seen all kinds of table accidents there….a bottle or glass smashing would be acceptable…but a mod with a tank….especially if its the only tank (I only plan to travel with one…less risk if the customs seize it.

9. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

In your pocket or in your hand... Your mod should never be on a table in a place where they serve alcohol...

10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

In my pocket, like a normal person. If sitting down, in my hand or in between my legs, for obvious reasons. Not that I'd be seen at Insomnia. :D

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

No, but I always carry a backup mod...it does come in handy when the girls want to vape, though. ;)

Hehehe...lost a tank that way in Cowboy (the mod survived the fall). It's one of the main reasons I carry a box mod when I'm out on the prowl...they don't fall over as easily as tubes. :)

Konvict likes this.