1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help. Recomendations for vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Fabian, May 17, 2018.

1. Fabian

Fabian Thread Starter New Member

Hello together,

next weekend i will be travelling to Thailand for the first time. I will travel to Koh Samui through Bangkog and after a week i will visit Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.

I want to use my e-cigarette and I'm a little bit scared of customs at the airport. So now I'm thinking of different possibilities.

I heard a lot of 3Avape (or any other good vendor) and want to know if it's a good plan to order a new device direct to my room in Koh Samui, instead of bringing my own device.

When should I order it, to get it not to soon or to late (arriving in Koh Samui on sunday next week)?

Is there a better possibility?

Thanks for any response and advice! :)

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

This is a good place to start...
    Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

If you're going directly to Koh Samui without stopping in Bangkok, you will have to clear Customs in Koh Samui. There's some information in this thread about Samui IIRC...our search engine should pull it up for you.
    Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand | Thailand Vapers

If you order from any non-Thai vendors, the only delivery method that has a chance of making it through would be regular airmail (add the registered option if you want tracking), which takes about 2 weeks. Any faster delivery service (i.e., EMS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) will get seized at Customs.

If you're not comfortable bringing your gear through airport Customs, then you might want to consider ordering from one of our local Thai vendors (e.g., Big By-Bass) or the vendors found in the Thai Vaping Vendors Info section of the forum.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
    :vaping: :vaping:

debatedude likes this.
  3. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

Your best bet is probably dnavapors or thaivapeshop, or any other local vendor that accepts paypal, order latest Wednesday before you get here and it should be waiting for you when you get here. Typically takes 3 days from the above mentioned to get to Samui.

Haven't heard of anyone having problems getting their gear through the airport here though .

Cheers

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Fabian

Fabian Thread Starter New Member

Thanks for your quick responses! I am very grateful!

If I take my own stuff, I would do it like that:

- Pico dual with usb charger on it (can be used as power bank) in the checked-baggage
    - Batteries in the carry-on baggage (plus maybe a torch which can be used with these batteries)
    - liquid in unlabeled bottle in checked-baggage
    - Nautilus mini broken down and dispersed in checked-baggage
    - maybe taking some regular cigarettes with me (just for the show :) )

Would that be a good strategy? Is there anything else to consider?

When arriving in Koh Samui and getting my checked-baggage, what are the next steps? What is the procedure of clearing customs, is there a scanner or do you just go through and they stop some people and check?

Sorry for asking that much..