1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hello from "far away"

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Sue, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Konfused

Konfused Member

That's all I was really worried about. I've been keeping my public vaping very hidden and discreet. Was worried about the scanners on the way out. HKT scanners don't work either right?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

AFAIK, the security scanners at all TH airports are only interested in making sure that anything that goes on the plane, either as checked or carry-on luggage, is safe to carry on the plane. Their job is not to enforce TH Customs laws. Let us know if you have any issues outbound. ;)

Konvict and jpr like this.
  3. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

Hi all , newby here , just joined .
    I have been vaping for so many years and have not smoked since the day I started, and feel so great healthwise that I would certainly say that vaping has already saved so many lives, it is crazy that it's come up against so much opposition, all over the world.
    Now regarding Thailand, I for some reason cannot get on with a vaping rig, I have tried but I just don't like it, and have always used the battery and tip, (cartomisers) it just feels so right for me . I have used my ecigs in the bars without any probs, I dont use on the street but I do use while driving.
    I have always brought them through the airport without any problems, with lots of supply for my 3 week holiday.
    The only difference is that I do use always, a red tip glow, and so this does always look like a real ciggy. or perhaps I have just been very lucky.
    I would love to know if there is any instance of anyone using the same , has been pulled and charged or paid whatever by the BIB in Thailand.

4. Skipper

Skipper New Member

I hope so,leaving Thailand back to UK Saturday,with my coolfire 4 plus and istick 30 watt,so hopefully I'll have no problems

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

As long as they're packed safely, you should be fine.

Konvict, Skipper and jpr like this.
  6. Konfused

Konfused Member

Forgot to respond earlier, anyways no issues at HKT although the security folks did do a double take and picked up my mod to look at it but no comments or questions. Thanks for all your assistance

7. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say goodbye. Ready for take off to phuket, not quite as happy as one year ago, but still looking forward to a nice and warm stay there with hopefully no more issues. Besides this stupid anti-vaping law, we wanted to register our little drone with CAAT according to last years new law, and applied for it nearly 4 months ago. After several mails, asking for an answer and even a direct phone call to CAAT hoping to get the registration on time (which they promised) still nothing received. So we will not be able to make some nice videos because now its illegal. Meanwhile, they changed laws again from January 18: People who want to apply for registration at CAAT after January 18, first have to bring their drones to Thailand to the NBTC (National Broadcast and Telecommunication Commission) office and let the drone be checked on functionality to get a "Certificate" only then you can apply for a regsitration at CAAT, which could take over 4 months. Without all this you face same penalty and fine like with e-cigs (prison and $ 3'000).
    I am so sorry for all this, but this will be the last time we visit LOS. A Holiday where we cannot enjoy our hobbies because of such restrictions, is no holiday, I beleive you understand what I mean. :(
    I thank you all for the support here and I really do hope the government will take changes once in a while.
    All the best to you all
    :thank you:

Sue

Fastoche, jpr, Arbil and 4 others like this.
  8. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

Yes , it is so silly to have such poor service , when you are doing exactly what they require. I was also hoping to take my small Drone , to the
    ANZAC at the river Kwai / Burma railway, but it's now out of the question.
    flying my drone while vaping in the Jungle! That's got to be the death penalty !
    good luck for the future Sue.......lets all hope it changes soon , and we can all enjoy LOS again someday.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

@Sue - safe travel & I hope you're able to enjoy your time here in spite of the current stupidity! :)

Fastoche, Konvict and Sue like this.
  10. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

@Sue Gruetzi, and enjoy your stay

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Sue
    Breezy

Hello again, I'm back, safe and really relaxed. Had a wonderful 3-weeks stay without any issues, either with vaping nore with using and making wonderful videos with my drone.

I travelled with some cigalikes (Joecig X-TC 2) for the flight and arriving in Phuket Airport, I knew they would check our luggage, I put the cigalikes and PCC in my pockets. There was a long queue there where luggage was checked by customs, instead of joining the queue, I asked them if they want to check mine as well, but they did not want to and let me leave the airport uncheked.

In Kata there was no smoking ban, neither on the beaches or at the pools. I didn't see any :police: during my whole stay. Not even traffic controls.
    Well, few days later, I just ordered from a Thai-online Shop (seen here) a Joyetech Atopack Penguin, which was delivered to my hotel within 48 h. This vapegear really doesn't look like all those known e-cig mods, it looks more like a medicinal inhaler ;)
    I always vaped stealth and everywhere where smoking was allowed. Nobody cared. Before leaving the country, I still had my other cigalikes and just separated the small tanks and batteries so also the same way with the Penguin mod, I put the cigalike batteries in the drone case. After scannig all my bags, they asked me to open one of them, where the drone case was, my heartbeat went faster, but they just looked for powerbanks, took them out and were only interested in mAh. Although there were a lot of other "powerfull" batteries inside from the drone.

Perhaps it depends where you stay in Thailand. I suppose cities like Bangkog, Pattaya, Patong or Hua Hin are more under control than small places like Kata, Karon, Rawai or Khao Lak etc. I even saw a few vapers sitting on the beach, in restaurants, none of them were "cloudchasing", they all vaped very stealth, but had rather big equipment.

kevin bangkok, Arbil and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. tonyvape

tonyvape New Member

I have never visited Thailand, but, I really want to..... Which areas do you recommend I visit?

13. Sue
    Breezy

Phuket and there esp. Kata, Karon or Rawai - Nice beaches are Kata Noi and Naiharn as well.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Gagandeep90

Gagandeep90 New Member

Hello, new poster here

15. Kitipoom

Kitipoom New Member

Hello, new poster here