1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Heatvape Invader 30W Mod From 3Avape

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by -V-, Sep 17, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

The Heatvape Invader 30W Mod was sent to me for review and GiveAway by 3Avape:
    Heatvape Invader 30W Mod - $70.00 : 3Avape, Wholesale & Retail

I have been using the Heatvape Invader 30W Mod for around a week now.
    When I first opened it i was unsure about the look and size of it, as it is very long.

As i have bigish hands it actually felt very comfortable when holding it, it took a little getting used to but it is nice to hold, but not if you have small hands, this grip on it is nice.

It came in a nice box, with an instruction manual and the USB cable;

photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

It was nice to see the back plate as it didn't have screws but 2 movable slots to get the back off for the battery:

photo 3.JPG

And yes, you can get 2 18650 batteries in it:

photo 4.JPG
    photo 5.JPG

The whole thing is made from some metal, a little heavy but not that bad but very strong

I tried to use it without reading the manual but I ended up having to read it to work out ALL the settings, there are a few on it.
    It's a 3 click on with a few more clicks for all the menus.
    But once you've tried it out it's easy to use.
    On the screen there are 2 touch button for up and down with your Wattage and Voltage and other things for the menus.

You have on the display the ohm, battery life, the date and time and a few other things.

photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

It gets very tall with some tanks on it, but I mainly used it with the Aspire Mini
    It also has eGo threading for those kind of tanks.
    It produced a good constant vape during my time using it, very enjoyable

The batteries lasted around 2 to 3 days vaping for me

Screen Shot 2557-09-17 at 12.44.26 PM.jpg
    photo 3.JPG
    Screen Shot 2557-09-17 at 12.44.45 PM.jpg

I put it next to my VS DNA 30 mod for you to see

Screen Shot 2557-09-17 at 12.44.04 PM.jpg

The paint work on it isn't really great, and I see over time this coming off, you can see where I have been taking the batteries in and out the paint is already coming off

photo 2.JPG

It's a fun mod, a bit quirky, lots of good info on the screen when using it, it also has a little light on the top...

I do like it, but next up will be the GiveAway for it, so look out and maybe it will be yours.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks to 3Avape for this mod
    V

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. -V-
    Cool

Here it is:
    3Avape Heatvape Invader 30W Mod GiveAway

3. -V-
    Cool

So, any feedback from the GiveAway winner????

4. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

just been vaping it right now actually ...

first off, thought it was a bit top heavy, but have got used to it now and use it everyday with a Nauti big on it ... I put some plasticine on both sides of the bottom to make it a bit more stable (was worried, as it could easily fall over without the plasticine - looking for a more permanent replacement for the plasticine, but atm doing it's job)

the menu is quite easy to use - no probs there - easy to turn on/off with just 4 clicks

finding the fire button a little stiff - sometimes i don't push hard enough - but maybe a good thing because it will prob get softer as it ages ...

I think the 'flashlite' function is already stuffed ... it was working at first ... instructions say to hit the '-' touch thingy on the left side of the screen for 2 secs when in 'on' mode ... not happening now - I notice that the flashlite is slightly coming on (but not fully) everytime I have a vape, so I guess it is stuffed

thumbs up from me for the 2 x 18650's set-up ... as I'm using other box mods as well, the batts seem to last a long time ... have only had to use the usb charger a coupla times and that seems quick enough ... (altho I haven't changed the batts out yet, I do like that there is a strip of material for easy removal when needed)

you have to set the volts and then set the wattage independently, which is a little strange for a box mod i think (it's reading the 1.8 ohm BVC at 1.9 ohms, and have the volts set to 4.7 and wattage at 14)

puff reading on the screen is at 0952 - but that dosen't really mean anything to me ... having the calender with 'mon 2014-10-13-15.34' is also not needed and just cluitters up the screen imo

all in all I'm quite happy with it - would i pay for one ?
    don't think so, as I think there are better options out there ...
    (altho, having said that, not many box mods with dual 18650's out there, so if anyone looking for that feature I s'pose it's a goer)

All the same, many many thanks 3Avape for making this available and glad i have it !

:vaping:
    **Updated**
    PS: I think the powerbank feature is good to have on it (altho again, have not used it), but might be handy when travelling o/s and if customs asks what it is, you can say "it's a powerbank for my mobile etc. and a flashlite"

judas likes this.
  5. -V-
    Cool

God dam this was some ugly mod....

BuzzSamui likes this.