1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help HCigar VTi 75 problem

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Konvict, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Last evening I was getting a weak vape from my HCigar and didn't think much about it until this morning my Nautilus 1.8 coil which mostly reads between the 1.9 and 2.0 ohms was reading 2.36 ohms.

I was already telling myself that this was the first coil ever that I fried after only using it for one tank, but of course that can happen so I changed the coil and it read 2.42 ohms?

I took the battery out and it read 2.67 ohms! I put the atty on my ProVari and it reads a healthy 1.9 ohms. I cleaned the threads of the 510 on the atty and the HCigar and it reads 3.** ohms!

I know what is going to happen next when I will screw it on again! It will probably go through one of my windows.:rolling laugh:

Any advice?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Yeah, open a ticket :D
    **Updated**
    Did you unscrew the 510 plate and have a prod around?

Konvict likes this.
  3. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Konvict likes this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Nope not yet, but will do now.

5. Konvict
    Relaxed

I couldn't get the plate off, but the good thing is I now have a screwdriver that is bent which I always wanted to have!

I tried again the atty and now it reads 1.98! It is magic!

Thanks guys! I think you will soon find this one in the giveaways.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    debatedude, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  6. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

The HCigar's base plate sucks. If mine is screwed in too tightly it reads the wrong resistance. Conversely, if it is screwed in too loosely, it does the same.

Also, with some atomizer/mod combinations, the position of the atty 510 pin makes a big difference (because of the depth of the 510 female connector and the strength of the 510 spring). My first go to if I get stupid resistance readings like this is to check the 510 pin in the atty. If it is a screw I will tighten or loosen (depends on the atty). If it is a pin like a Uwell Crown or a Kanger, I remove the coil and clean out any moisture on the coil contact surface and in the atty base. Then press the pin connector against a flat surface to force it in as far as it can go and replace the coil.

Usually, one of these methods fixes the problem.

- Oh, I also found that the VT75 base plate can do with cleaning. There is a lot of manufacturing residue on the thread and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol makes a difference. The contact is entirely via the thread, so the machining residue affects resistance. It's a bad design.

Siam Diesel, Konvict and jpr like this.
  7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Does that base plate come off if you turn it clockwise or counterclockwise? It is not moving at all!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Anti-clockwise. Mine came off quite easily.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  9. dl12345

Yep, anti-clockwise. Put a small tip star screwdriver in one of the holes and turn it

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  10. dl12345

It's also worthwhile doing this. It's quite soft, so a 600 or 800 grit paper would probably be more advisable.

Siam Diesel, jpr and Konvict like this.