1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

HB 50w by Hcigar(SX-300) Sold out

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The HCigar HB-50 Box Mod is a regulated variable wattage box mod device.

Has a Yihi SX300 chip configured to output 7 to 50 Watts of power, and houses a single IMR 18650 battery (Not Included).

Features:
    CNC machined aluminum.
    Variable Wattage from 7.0 watts - 50 watts in 0.1 watt increments.
    Adjust Wattage via gravity tilting.
    Spring loaded self adjusting 510 center pin.
    Can fire atomizers down to 0.2 ohms.
    Custom made YiHi SX300 50Watt chip.
    Ventilation holes at the bottom.
    Micro USB charging port.
    Important Notice:

"Mods" are by definition a modification to a design. There is a degree of risk inherent with any device that uses lithium type batteries. Some of the dangers are short-circuiting, reverse battery issues, and exceeding voltage limitations. Understanding how to handle and care for Lithium type batteries is very important and should always be practiced. Lithium type batteries are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or flame if mishandled.

This is an advanced user device which is recommended for use by experienced vapers only. It requires you to have a strong technical knowledge of mods in order to use this device properly, and safely.

Indy Vapor Shop will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the use of any battery. Indy Vapor Shop is not responsible for any device malfunctioning due to use by an inexperienced vaper who does not have the knowledge and understanding of how to use, and properly rebuild advanced e-cigarette devices. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.

Read the information found at:

It is important to carry batteries properly, recharge properly, and dispose properly.

Since we have no control over how a buyer uses the device; no guarantee, warranty, or return privilege will apply. The manufacturer may offer a limited warranty. Buyer shall be responsible for returning the device to the manufactuer. We regret having to strictly enforce this policy. The use of DIY liquid, improper chargers, modified atomizers, and general abuse of the product has made it necessary.

Please do not order if you do not understand and accept these terms.

Price 2500THB.(Black & sSilver)
    Ems 60THB.

hb.jpg

hb1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

The only use I have for this tech would be to cut burning juice. Wicking material should have a much higher scorch temp than juice so a dry hit should keep the juice below burn point and so obviously below scorch point for the wick. But I rarely dry hit at all now, generally a
    If it's not going to keep upping the power to coil to get the desired temp then it is a waste time. You shuld not have to change your buiuld from a bloody good wicking one to an average one because of the chip. The chip should adjust the power required to get it there.

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Maybe you crossed up the scorch points in your description? I think scorch temp for VG is 500+F...at least that's what I heard somewhere. Also read that the scorch point for dry cotton is 410F but if it has even a tiny bit of juice in it, it is something like 450F or so. Rayon I think is about about 480F when completely dry.

It will keep upping the power to the coil but only according to the max wattage and temp you set. Still, if you have great air and juice flow and a particular resistance build it may not get to the desired temp limit you set. If you have a build that can produce heat levels higher than your temp limit set then it will regulate the output power to keep it at the desired temp. Setting a hard limit works and that's what TP with the DNA40 is all about.

There are power limits in play here so if you want to get a hotter build you need to adjust accordingly as the chipset and even battery output limits are not endless...just like with non-DNA40 devices.

**Updated**
    As to the HB50, I handled one at Big's shop today. Really nice and solid device. I still don't like what I listed before but it seems a pretty nice box mod. Oh and the fire button is super-good.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Thanks for the clarification Scratchy. So basically I will be waiting for a mod with suitable power limitations before I try out the temp control idea. I can't see the point for me to have temp control that may not have the wattage to get to my desired temp on my desired build. Still an interesting principle though.

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Happy to share the little bit I know! BTW, it's technically temp protection....not really temp control. For what it is, it works great. I run it with both RTAs and RDAs. Only thing that can be lacking for some could be getting some RDA builds to produce a hot vape the same as with Kanthal. I am not a particularly high heat-liking vaper and I still get great vapor and flavor with my RDA Ni200 setups and also good warmth of vape as well with some of them. Will you be going to to the vape meet? If so, I'll bring one of my RDA setups you can try out.

Oh and I'd love it if they could bump up the wattage to say 50-75W.

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I'm a full time dripper atm as the one tank I have, Orchid V4, just doesn't do it for me. Mind you I have been dripping for more than a year now so no surprise really. I love a nice warm vape and a larger surface area coil. So Nickel and the associated thinner gauges need to be used may well not work for me at all. Would be nice to try though to get the feel for the technology.

Afraid I can't make the Vape meet tomorrow. Too many things on my schedule that can't be moved.

jon likes this.
  7. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Just wondering if any memebr ever bought this and what they thought of it?

8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I like it, but my budget does not allow it right now :(

9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

pierdon likes this.
  10. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

That's right ! And i really like it :)

Didn't put it down since it arrived.

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Matt likes it

12. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

It sure looks nice

13. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

First box mod and not really a sub-ohmer so i can't go in a detailed review...

but some impressions:
    -The spring loaded 510 pin is really great. Tanks i use fit perfectly and it looks great.
    -Box is light but does not feel cheap. A friend bought the vaporshark DNA30 wish is way smaller but somehow heavier.
    -Switch is nice but i got to admit a bit loosen up (still great, if you ask me).
    -Back screws are easy to screw / unscrew but the first time, it's a bit of a pita to take off the battery (when you got it, you got it).
    -The gravity set up to change the wattage is really great and easy to use aswell.

Let me know if you would like some pic of the inside or something.

Cheers

Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Well, in my eyes 1/2 of it looks OK....hate the regulatory printing on it and some of the other printing as well. Fire button is absolutely excellent...maybe the best I have tried on any box mod.

15. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

That is why i ordered mine in silver. The printing is not so sharp and visible. I have been vaping on mine the last few days, and I really love it too. Just for testing I used my Mutation X v.2 on it with a 0.6 Ohms build dual coil. Really fine at 25 Watts. I also tried to use 10 Watts on it and it still vapes ok but less sending 2.4 approximated volt to the atty. So step down is ok. First when I used it I got the message "Too Hot", but I looked at myself and well I'm old not hot, so I said "Nah", and it has worked fine ever since. So fare I'm glad for this mod. Thanks big for a good service.

-V-, judas, Scratchy and 2 others like this.
  16. Scratchy
    Lurking

You are right, the silver is not as bad. I can't understand why they would have thought it was appealing putting all that printing on it. Ah well, the printing doesn't make it a bad mod...in most all other respects it's very good and from the pics I saw of the internals, looks to be very well put-together. Again, I love that fire button. If not for the aesthetics, I would have got one just for how good that worked and the construction of it.