1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hawaii - Teen use of e-cigarettes growing

Discussion in 'E-News' started by byoung, Dec 15, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

Another one for no one to comment on. :)

E-cigarette use among teenagers is growing in the U.S., and Hawaii teens take up e-cigarette use at higher rates than their mainland counterparts, a new study by University of Hawaii Cancer Center researchers has found....

Teen use of e-cigarettes growing; Hawaii use rates higher than in mainland

I worry that a knee jerk reaction to these trends will have a negative impact, by regulators, on those E-cigs were intended to serve.

Reality check!

2. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

byoung,

I agree that these events will definitely add petrol to the flames but better they are vaping than actually smoking. We all know kids do exactly what you tell them.. :)

Kurt

3. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

can this be moved to the members section ...

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I imagine vaping is considered to be much cooler than smoking, it's only natural youths are opting to vape instead.
    **Updated**
    In fact, this article should be titled;

E-cigs dramatically reduce teen use of cigarettes!

kurt likes this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks for the share, Byoung :)

Not sure if there is an answer to this. Between smoking and vaping, sure vaping is better (at least based on what we know so far).

But you cannot deny the attractiveness of vaping, the hype, the cool factor for the kids. And that is difficult to control.

I was in the US for the first time at 16 years old and it was not difficult to get alcohol and cigarettes. That is a fight no one will ever win.

I support warning labels and under age legislation but it was inevitable from the start that teens will gets their hands on it..

byoung and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I think that the vaping community/industry needs to do a better job of acknowledging the negatives and supporting policy and regulation of those issues. To ignore it only serves to weaken our credibility with the public and policy makers.

Blaming all the negative research results and bad press on the tobacco industry doesn't work any more, as that industry is heavily invested in E-cigs. Now their agenda is to push for regulations that will eliminate products that compete with their's.

The vaping community/industry needs an image makeover. If they don't wise up to this the damage will be much greater.

7. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member